Right side abdo pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

To cut a long story short I went to my GP a week ago complaining about right abdominal pain spreading to back and shoulder. When I go toilet it stings when urinating. Done a blood test and tested positive for H Pylori bug. Given triple therapy containing Omeprazole, clarithromycin and amoxicillin. Also given maalox solution.

Pain was very bad on Thursday so attended local A&E and was told by the surgeons it might be muscle pain. I was told if it doesn't improve come back in 24/48 hours.

So as I have finished taking my triple therapy course and currently taking ibuprofen, the pain has spread from right side abdomen to right groin and testicle. What could it be and what should I do?

Many thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Moneab,  I would get myself to A&E asap.  You were given a proton pump inhibitor for stomach acid, two antibiotics and maalox to coat your stomach.  Sounds to me as if you also have a urinary tract infection which has spread from your bladder to your kidney.  Best of luck!  Let us know how you do.
    • Posted

Please let me know what happens.  The antibiotics they give for some things may not work for what may be a urinary tract infection.  When they give you antibiotics for that, too, it may really mess up the good bacteria in your intestines, if what you've been on hasn't done it already.  So, I suggest that you start eating yogurt, to replenish those colonies.  Good luck!
    • Posted

I think to kidneys, but I'm not a doctor. As for gallbladder problems, you could have these sypmtoms, general feeling of being unwell, weakness, feeling of pressure in the gastro-intestinal tract (which could also be caused by a hiatal hernia), having to have a bowel movement frequently,  especially immediately after meals, poorly formed, loose and floating stools, the presence of yellow bile in the liquid voided with the stools.  Inability to eat fatty or fried foods without the aforesaid problems. You could also have problems with dairy products, fruit or certain vegetables.  Nausea upon waking, or intermittently throughout the day.  Pain on the right side, radiating into the back.  Others on this site can also tell you about their sypmtoms.  Everyone is different.  
    • Posted

Update:

I am going to go doctors tomorrow as pain is getting bad when I urinate and open my bowels. Pain is just above the bladder, lower abdomen pain and back pain.

• Posted

I'm glad you're going as I'm very concerned about you.  Please let us know what happens!
    • Posted

Update:

I went to my doctors and still nothing. Have been referred to have an ultrasound and also handed a urine sample in for testing,

Doctor has given me a summary letter of tests performed by her & has said that if I would like to go to the A&E I can just hand that it. I am planning on going tomorrow morning. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.