Right side pain and miserable ! HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name isJennifer I am 51 and diagnosed with IBS C and D.  I would like to know if anyone experiences crampy pain in their right side below ribs.  Also sometimes pain can go into my hip.  I have been eating a lot of veggies and salad lately to lose weight but it is making my IBS horrible.  I have to change my diet..just wanted to know if these symptoms are usual of IBS  any advice is appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

IBS is different for everyone.  Some get pain exclusively on their left side because that is where the bowel is located.  However, many find that their pain moves about to different areas of their stomach.  My IBS pain moves about and has caused occasional hip pain. IBS can cause pain just about anywhere even in the joints.  Pain under your ribs is often associated with gastritis.  It is possible to have both conditions.
    • Posted

Wow! thank you for your reply... I do have joint pain all over sometimes.  I was told that could be Perimenopause also.  IBS is not an annoyance it can actually interfere  with your life.  It causes a lot of pain and it gets depressing.  Thank u again for your info.
    • Posted

Perimenopause will also affect your IBS because of hormonal changes. Joint pain and stomach trouble are also connected to the perimenopause.   For me, my IBS was very bad for three and a half months before diagnosis because I was constantly worried because no one could help me.  Afterwards, it improved so much that it is now just an annoyance so long as I keep stress to a minimum.  However, the threat of a flare up is always in the back of my mind.
  • Posted

I know what you mean about the veggies.  I have done the same thing and it does kill my IBS and also my colitis.  You really have to cut down on how much of it you eat raw and how often. I hate cooked veggies and go overboard on salads, etc. but really, I found that I have to cut back.  I get pains under my ribs, I get horrible stomach aches and then worry about that, then it goes to my intestinal track.  Before you get too worried, change the diet, cut down on raw veggies. I will take awhile to rebound but try it.  IBS in any form is life changing isn't it. 

• Posted

hello, I get this pain under sever stress: work, ppl constantly talking about my condition... I breath out fecal odor (but seeing a better Gastro..)

I did see a bariatic surgeon and he said my gall bladder is inflamed and is spilling extra bile. he wanted to do surgery but I told him to please review my file better and now I maintain that pain with proper sleep, healthy foods, digestive enzymes and probiotic prescribed by GI. I do notice the pain surfaces under stress and not breathing properly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.