ring in ears

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dear All,

Does anyone have a coping strategy for ringing in the ears? 

I can cope with feeling/being sick, shaking, wretching, struggling to swallow, visual disturbances etc etc etc but it is the pressure in my ears and ringing in my head. That makes me feel like I am going mad. 

I try putting earphones in or putting on the TV to blame the noise on the TV but nothing works.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lizzie,  I suggest you seek advice from your gp.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had it at the start of my anxiety and it comes and goes, the more I concentrate on it the more it stays. I know its easier said than done but if you can just try ignore it, it'll go away on its own.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you,

I know you are right. Sometimes I hear it and I practically fall into it and it gets stronger and stronger.

I just wish it would go away. x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Lizzie, 

please read my post. I am going through something similar to you as I am coming off medication right now. Think it's just withdrawal symptoms. I've been on mine for two years. It's really tough but it will pass. 

I felt like I was going to die, and I still have moments like that but I guess since I'm still here, I'm not going to die anytime soon. rolleyes

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi lizzie,

I know exactly how annoying this can be.

I seem to get it mostly in my right ear but I think mines is caused by an unusually quick build up of ear wax, which is extremely frustrating.

I am constantly using otex ear wax remover and then eventually a trip to the GP to have them syringed.

My gp says I'm just one of the unlucky people that this happens to.

Which dosen't help when the itch and the ringing is unbearable.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up