Ringing in my ears....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please don't laugh... well ok go on then 😆. Been on sert 25 mgs since 13 July then 50mg sertaline from 29th July. Overall been a real up and down journey. I have been feeling quiet calm but I can feel the anxiety just sitting waiting for its invite.. Anyway

The last few days I have had this really low buzzing noise. It's more annoying than anything. It's almost like the sound of white noise. I also find any noise bugs me. Plus I'm having blurred vision. When I put my specs on it does go away.. could be just my eyes getting old?

Also been getting some tingling in my hands, face and feet and the feet sometimes get really cold.

I don't want to switch meds as I have been through so many and this one is doing something positive. . Except the above.

Anyone had any of these or am I abnormal lol

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

dear jay, no you are not abnormal, i suffer with anxiety and panic attacks, and like you i am waiting in dread of the next one, i am on mirtazipine and its helping now after just over 3 weeks on it, but i am frightened of the idea of another panic attack, what i find is good is bach rescue remedy, you put a few drops on your tounge, or in a drink, and it does help to calm you down, i dont go anywhere without it, try it and see, it may help you, best of luck.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there Jay

nobody's going to laugh, honey. There's nothing funny about Anxiety Disorder and you did the right thing asking the Forum for help because worrying over the symptoms will only serve to upset you further

I'm sure others will rush forward with their own experiences to help you smile

I had similar symptoms when first starting with Sertraline 50mg and like you I was rolleyesreluctant to switch meds...yet again

I had the ear buzzing, drove me mad but it eventually went away ( it was sort of on and off for a while)

Had the tingling which felt a bit weird

Had blurred vision

Where the blurred vision is concerned I suggest you make an eye test appointment, I did, just for reassurance. Not that I imagine there is anything wrong with your sight but our sight is vital so it's always better to be safe than sorry

It took at least 3 months for the meds to settle down in my system by the way

Hope this helps! Oh, and I was driven mad by itching, lol

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Helen. Glad to hear I am not abnormal.. I'm having some good days then some really bad one.

The main issues are what I posed above.

I think I will make an appointment to get my eyes tested as it makes me so unbalanced aswell.

It's good to know there are so many of us out there who suffer cause this is one lonely journey.

Xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm glad you're going to get an eye test smile

I did because I knew I'd worry myself half to death if I didn't, lol, brave creature that I am...not

I had lots of balance problems with my Ad by the way. It sucks, I even posted about it because I thought I was the only one being unsteady on my legs and fidgety and rocking back and forth like a drunken sailor smile

I was not alone

Ah the joys of ADrolleyes

Hope you are hanging in there Jay. Good to hear from you again despite the circumstancescry

Hugs from me to you

Helen

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's a never ending journey, isn't it Jay? Or it feels like it!

Get rid of one symptom and another rears it's butt ugly head

I hope the sertraline works out for you. I'm doing okay on it but I nearly gave up I can tell you

I felt a hell of a lot worse before I felt better

Hang in there my friend

I'll be cheering you on !!!!!!!!!!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey there, I'm on sert 50mg too. I've been on it for a month. It has helped my anxiety a lot, but gives me headaches, makes my vision blurry/caused me to see spots of color, also makes me dizzy. I totally understand what you're going through

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i just want to say that i had popping and ringing in my ears for years, even went to the ENT and had permanent ear plugs put in....... last year,  i never experienced it taking Sertaline, though. but when i decided to stop taking xanax and move to a longer acting benzo like diazepam..... BOOM! of course i have no idea at all if you or anyone else are on benzos, but i certainly was for my anxiety. when i started the draw down, my fingers, toes, arms and legs went numb, and i could not hear out of my ears. it took me 6 months and it was PURE HELL. i was not abusing them, either, just taking them as directed causes you body to build up a tolerence to them.  when i got off , i can now take the diazepam-valium as needed and my ears are clear. go figure...........    i am just bringing this up in case anyone is having this problem. i could not believe my ENT never asked me if if was on benzos for ear noise because it is a real side effect. good luck to you . ear noise is so annoying. i hope you get it figured out. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up