Ringing in the ears???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.

I'm on 20mg of citalopram. I've got bad tinnitus. Has anybody else experienced this as a side effect?

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi amy I had tinnitus for few days then it just seemed to go.....best wishes n get well soon
    • Posted

Thanks Ethan. Mine has been a few months sometimes it's worse than others.
    • Posted

Make appointment at docs....Wen I had it I phoned docs and he said if it hadn't getting any better in a wek to go in and see him
    • Posted

I've already been and to ENT just say it's tinnitus may or may not be caused by citalopram.
  • Posted

Hi Guys, I have had tinnitus since I frist suffered a panic attack March this year since then being in a state of hypersensitivity I have it everyday all day ? I play in a band and thought maybe it wasnt related but I think its a rare anxiety symptom and Citalopram heightens it as well....... Just try and stay positive and relaxed I kinda dont hear it unless I think about it as I naturally got used to zoning out of it. Hang in there wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.