Ringworm infection.

Posted , 2 users are following.

About a year ago I noticed the appearance of what I thought was dry skin patches.   Eventually it was recognized as ringworm.  I went to my dr and she gave me terbinafine and I took it for 3 months with no effect.  I tried various over the counter creams and had a little improvement.  It never really cleared up all the way and now it’s spread to my scalp!   I’m seeing a dermatologist this Friday.  In all my years I have never had a ringworm infection in my life till now and I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to expect.   I did transition from field work outside to a dark environment in the call center due to an injury and wonder if perhaps that has something to do with the recurrent infections.   Anyone with experience in this infection and treatment methods?  Help! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

A combination of some treatments and prevention can work better for you. You can use an oral medication, like terbinafine in conjunction with a topical antifungal, like Fugacil. Carefully follow the instructions. Also, use an antifungal shampoo that contains selenium sulphide or ketoconazole. Keep your head dry and clean at all times. Disinfect all living and working areas, as well as bedding and pillows.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.