Roaccutane

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've just finished my first week on roaccutane at 60mg, I have had no side effects, is this normal?? And I have had a bad breakout and was wondering if this will continue or stop soon? And when can I expect my skin to start improving?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, iv done a massive amounts of reading on this drug. Im not sure about the side effects, but it says you will have breakouts when starting the drug then it will start getting better. I hope the trtreatment works well for you. Keep me updated. thanks
    • Posted

Hey, thank you!! I've been taking it for 3 weeks now and I've had dry lips but my skin hasn't been dry apart from on my hands, I've also had a few nose bleeds, I haven't had much improvement in my skin but my dermatologist said it can take up to two months to see any improvement!
    • Posted

I'm currently on 3 months with 40mg. It has improved for me and my skin is incredibly dry and I'm suffering with nose bleeds too. However my skin is a lot better than usual.. Your skin will get as worse as it can in the first 2 months.. so they won't go straight away. You will see an improvement soon but it takes quite a while. You're very lucky if you have no side effects! All the ones you are having are 100% normal. Hope you see results soon, keep me updated on how it goes!
    • Posted

Hey I'm happy to hear your skin is getting better!! It should hopefully clear up soon!! I've just finished my first month now, my skin hasn't got any better and I am breaking out badly, my skin is no longer oily however it is not too dry just a little flaky sometimes, I have had a few nosebleeds but apart from that I haven't experienced anything else, how long are you on roaccutane for?
    • Posted

Yes very slowly!! I keep getting a few spots still so I'm going to try and push to see if I can get upto 60mg. That's good! It's good you're not getting that many side effects. Mine kicked in around 2-3 months so just keep an eye out. I haven't asked my dermatologist how long I'm on them for.. I hope not too long! My 19th birthday is in June and obviously you can't drink on them.. so it's going to be awful if I'm still on them by then! I hope no later than May.. but they take you off them when they feel satisfied with the results. She hasn't told me an exact date unfortunatley! I'm seeing her this Thursday so I am going to ask then and hopefully push for a bigger dose. The only thing I hate is how much they cost!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.