rubbing sensation??

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

hiya....i had my gallbladder removed last august the1st ( 5 months ago) and every so often i feel like my top /tshirt is rubbing or catching on somthing, i thought it was one of my scars rubbing against my top but it was higher than that....anyone else have this??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have not had this when I had my gallbladder out last year.

After 5 months  would not think your scar would be rubbing against your top.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hmmm....wonder what it could be then......i have no pain.....just feel like i have a rubbing/catching feeling on my right side.
  • Posted

Hi Vonnie

You may just be super sensitive... I had my gall bladder out 3 weeks ago and i feel sensitive just under my breast on the right. and that was healed within one week..

I would see how it goes and if it is starting to worry you, mention to your GP next time you get an appointment.

But remember everyone is different and heals at different levels so dont be too hard on your self.

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

• Posted

Hi Vonnie,

It's possible that you are experiencing a referred sensation.  A nerve might have been cut during the operation, so something is rubbing where your incision is, but because the nerve was cut, the actual feeling is moved or referred to another area.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up