SAD (Seasonal affective disorder)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

​I know its only autumn but I have started to prepare myself for when I get SAD as we put the clocks back on Sunday 25th (02:00) and its getting darker. I have got one of those lamps that replicate sundown and sunrise as I find it helps me especially getting up in the morning.

​Anyone else starting to prepare?

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I hate the time change! I really don't like the dark so it's always hard for me to adjust. May I ask what you usually do to cope?
    • Posted

I normally just plod through the winter but this year I'm going to try and appreciate it a bit more as time is short (now I'm cracking on).

​I've got one of those lamps that I set as an alarm so it simulates the sunrise for when I get up each morning. I was thinking of getting a lightbox that are supposed to lift your mood.

• Posted

Yes forrest,

I hate the clocks changing. Don't see what it is all for really.

I find my body takes at least a week to adjust twice yearly.

What about a SAD lamp? I used to use one years ago when i lived alone but it did not fit in with family life and kids. It was a big heavy one, but they are making them cheaper and easier now.

• Posted

Yes I am thinking of getting one of those lightboxes but they do seem expensive for what they are.
  • Posted

Hi

​I hate winter nights its cold and dark and theres nothing to do. Its hard to get motivated especially in the morning I just want to stop in bed and hide under the blankets.

• Posted

I know how you feel. I hope its a mild winter I might do some walks to motivate me a bit more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.