Sadly I woke up.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi people, i am about as low as you can possibly get. I woke up and feel i shouldn't have done. I don't want to be here. That's it.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

big hugs! I have that feeling sometimes.... but know that world does need you!! can u manage some fresh air today? x

• Posted

i honestly know how you feel, every morning i wake up and i am disappointed that im still here. depression and anxiety are extremely difficult to deal with. its important to get help asap. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? i know its incredibly hard but it does help to talk to someone about how you are feeling.

good luck

• Posted

Hi Sam,I feel for you,I've just come through a very difficult period and probably the worst Ive ever felt in my life.its not easy to get through but I did and I'm so grateful I did.I constantly had to tell myself all the positives in my life.not easy but I also did Meditation and went for long walks.I also had some help with medication.its not for everyone and it isn't a quick fix to your problems but it has worked for me.I think you have to have some inner strength too and I believe everyone has some of that in them.my family were Amazing and Patient with me.please ask for some help Sam,it will help you and you will get through this.Big hugs to you.take care xxx

• Posted

Hi Sam, I'm truly sorry to hear that you're feeling so low, I know where you're coming from. Sadly, it's those we THINK are closest to us lack the understanding to help us through it. They may offer sympathy, but what we really need is empathy. Please, speak to a Doctor or Samaritans or someone, who won't judge and who understands what this horrible illness can do.

Stay safe.

Phil

• Posted

Hi sorry you feel like that, but do you really not want to be here, I think if you really felt like that deep down you wouldn't be posting about it. Think about your family, friends about the things you will miss, there must be something that is worth living for. I am not depressed and only on the site as I posted something for lonely students which might help them. I love life, its a bit boring and miserable at times, but I am the opposite and getting older and terrified of dying too soon. It is so final, there is no coming back. I walk daily smiling at everyone, talking to any dog I can find etc etc. Not everyone answers but it makes my day when someone does return my smile, it costs nothing but means a lot. The weather is not good if you are in UK and plays a major part in how we feel, but sitting around wanting to die and hoping you don't wake up is desperately sad and I for one don't understand how that must feel and hope I never find out. I do hope anyone who feels that way can get help and find something no matter how small to cling to so that life has some meaning. Smile and the world smiles with you, not a clique but 100% true

• Posted

Hi to everyone who has responded, sadly this has ramped up a level. I ended up staring a razor blade last thinking shall or shan't i? So in the end i injured my wrists slightly but it really hurt. My husband and my sister jumped me out of it along with the Samaritans. My health is getting worse so i saw my doctor, as a result a crisis team are ringing me today. I can't believe how bad things have got all over ÂŖ1000 in unpaid rent. I am going to pay it back but it's the nastiness i can't cope with. I am really saddened by this, it's their attitude that upsets me. I couldn't take any more last night, hence the razor blade. But it was too painful.

• Posted

Sam, I know things are looking pretty bad at the moment, but there is a better way of dealing with your problems. If it's debt related, speak to Stepchange they helped me enormously, life has a habit of kicking you when you're down, trust me I've been there. I've attempted suicide twice over failed marriages & spent the last 10 years avoiding relationships simply because I don't want to feel that pain again. I came through and you WILL too. Chat to me anytime.

• Posted

Hi Sam. I feel like you, but I am looking again for encouraging posts on here. I'm also listening to the audiobook of Matt Haig's Reasons To Stay Alive. It's bearable and slightly helping. Maybe try it? And drink something hot. Give your poor suffering self some comfort.

• Posted

Where do i get this audiobook from? That sounds interesting!

• Posted

I got it on the app Audible. Probs available via Amazon too.

• Posted

Hi kind people who have replied, thank you very much for doing so. I luckily had the sense to speak to my doctor who asked me to speak to a crisis team who gave me really great advice. It has only taken one event to tip me over the edge. I feel really stupid, guilty and saddened to feel this way. I am sorry.

• Posted

No need to be sorry or guilty Sam, unfortunately you have an illness, would you be sorry or guilty if you had the flu? Get any help that's offered to you don't judge yourself, at this moment in time the most important person is you, it's not selfish, it's remedial.

Take care

• Posted

what a kind thing to say, i wasn't expecting that. Thank you.

• Posted

I woke up that way for two straight years. Finally I saw a doctor and was put on an SSRI. It took a while, but I am beginning to feel better. You are a child of God, and you have as much right to be here as anyone. If at all possible, force yourself out the door and walk for 15 minutes. Think of a happy song while you are walking.AND---see your doctor as soon as possible. God bless you

• Posted

Hi neelie, i luckily had the sense to speak to my doctor after this because i have never felt so bad, all i know is i was in such a state my doctor contacted a crisis team who were really useful. I have let my counsellor know what has happened but he about bit my head off and made me feel like a child. I am going to write to him and tell him how he made me feel. He will NOT let me feel like that. I've had a lot of problems this week including with my physical health. I feel even worse because i have just lost my job through no fault of my own! Also i found something about my dad's last few weeks of his life so i again got told i was too upset about this! Not happy bunny!đŸ˜ĢđŸ˜ĨđŸ˜Ŗ🤔đŸ˜Ē😴☹ī¸đŸ˜•đŸ™đŸ˜ŸđŸ˜žđŸđŸ­đŸ°

• Posted

Hi people who comment on here can you advise me what i now do? My counsellor doesn't appear to understand me and I feel at a loss. How do i get through to my counsellor just how rubbish i feel? I have just about had enough of trying to explain why this is so tough. I sometimes wonder if i'm speaking Greek. I have a history of depression and anxiety and mistrust of people. How do i get it through to a male? If you can suggest anything i will read what you say. I'm 45 and have Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, so really desperately struggle under stress. Please help, i would like the counselling but not the belittling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.