Samaritans

Posted , 7 users are following.

can you text the Samaritans? Tried ringing the number but can't do it I can't talk on the phone please does anyone know? X

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I really don't know but if you need some emergency help please call them or the emergency services. Don't leave yourself if you need help.
  • Posted

I don't think you can text but you can email

jo@samaritans.org I think. I'm pretty sure they aim to get back to you within 12 hours but it could be longer.

If you need help now be brave and call them. I have them on speed dial!! xx

• Posted

You can email but it won't let me but their email address on a message on here for some reason. If you search it on the Internet the email address is pretty visible.

If you need help now please call them, I know I do.

Take care xx

• Posted

I can't call says takes time for reply to an email? Says there's a number but it's private? I can't phone ive tried just keep cutting phone off I can't talk
  • Posted

thank you for replying xxx
    • Posted

Yes I think it takes about 12 hours for a reply. Are you feeling very low or that you might be a danger to yourself? If you are you really need to seek help.

Is there a family member or friend you can call? I'm sure if they know how bad you are feeling they won't mind. But please speak to somebody. Xx

• Posted

You can email them coz   I have in the past but they can take up to 24 hours to reply x
    • Posted

hi hypercat your correct that it can take several hours to get a reply thays why i wish donna would phone them !
  • Posted

theres no one its ok xx
    • Posted

Agh I really feel for you.

I know how it is when you need somebody to talk to and there's nobody there. It can feel very lonely.

I hope you are coping ok.

Thinking of you xx

• Posted

Says there's a number to text but only provide it in a limited way? What does that mean? What's the point in a number of its secret? Xx
    • Posted

Right I did a quick search and a number that keeps coming up is

07725 909090.

I've never used this service but from what I've read it's not available at all branches so again it might take a little longer to get a response.

There is quite a lot of mixed messages but I found that number on 3 different websites so maybe it's worth a go? I really don't know the information isn't very clear! Xx

• Posted

Good luck! Will be interesting to know if it actually works or not. Take care of yourself xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.