Same Symptoms After Removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 4 months ago and I'm still

getting pain in the area where my gallbladder used to be

plus pain in my ribs on the right side , pain in my upper back .

I can't eat without getting awful cramps , stomach pains ,

constant bowel movements . I feel full and bloated after a spoonful

Of food . I'm losing so much weight. Anyone got the same ?

Does anyone know what could be causing this and is there anything can be done about it or is this my life from now on !! ?

I feel so depressed and scared of the future.

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had mine out 3 months ago and I am still getting pain in two places near 2 incision sites and was told this could take months to go.

I did have a massive issue with diarrhoea caused by eating anything about 20 minutes after eating, sometimes I was still eating. Cut a long story short I have been prescribed Questran Light. It’s disgusting a little like wallpaper paste but it works. The dose took some working out but no more diarrhoea. Good luck

• Posted

Hi, my main problem now is I can't eat anything

without getting pains where I got them before I had my gallbladder removed.

I'm really not eating as it hurts too much after, plus I've gone

off the foods I used to be able to eat.I'm scared of what's going to happen now.

• Posted

My friend had especially the same issue after her surgery, they told her before hand that surgery may not completely help her but she had no other option, it's been 1 year and a half now and there's still lots she cannot eat and she will still get a bad back and feel really sick because there's pain in her rib. I was told not to get my gall bladder out until I felt I needed to but I'm having days or even months where I'm fine and it's as if my symptoms have gone then all of a sudden my back is so bad I just got to lie down not move, I'm having so much time of work because of it all x it's a vicious circle, I've been like this since last may got another doctors appointment Wednesday and it's so bloody hard to get a doctors appointment anyway. No point going to a and e there will give you tramadol send you home then let your GP know what's been happening feels as if there's no end to the situation x your like symptoms may subside in time but I'd go to the GP personally x

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed 15 years ago and STILL have diarrhea and pain where the gallbladder used to be.  Last month, I thought I was having a heart attack; turns out the gastro doctor removed 50 cc of bile from my stomach and gave me a prescription of Omerprazole 40 mg, which is a time-released anti acid drug.   You can buy it over the counter, Pepcid 20 mg, just have to take more of them and they aren't time-released.   The doctor explained that when the gallbladder is gone, acid "drips" into your stomach and when you cannot get rid of it, it causes great pain.   I KNEW ABOUT THE PAIN!    Long story short, try the Pepcid before eating.   For diarrhea, get a prescription of Cholestryamine from your doctor.   It is a game changer...good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.