sat up now since 3 am with pain in my hip

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im 57   have my own little building business, I was born with a shorter left leg with limited movement in it. My right leg as compensated for it all these years but as affected my right hip.  I have good weeks and bad weeks. I had an injection in the hip  but it didnt work.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Is the pain from the injection if so that is normal, otherwise I would get a referral to see a surgeon who will know what state your hip is in and suggest suitable treatment. Remember just because they are a surgeon doesn't mean surgery is the first option. I saw mine for 5 yrs with OE before surgery was required.

if you do need a hip replacement they are wonderful and everyone I know who has had one hasfull move,net of their hip and most importantly no pain

• Posted

I've never had an injection in my hip but I have had them in many other places from my back to my knee my elbow and my foot. And I can tell you that sometimes the injections work and sometimes they don't. So it might be worth getting another one if you're not ready to look at surgery. The other comment recommended seeing a surgeon and that might be a very good idea. But if you're not ready to go that course or if the surgeon says it's not time yet try another injection you might be pleasantly surprised. And have a different person do the injection the second time around. So for instance if the PA did the injection ask the doctor to do it the second time around. I found with my knee injection when the PA did it it didn't work but when the doctor did it it worked. Just food for thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.