SC-9 IOL Status

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just curious if anyone has had this lens implanted or knows any information on it.

In my search for IOL options, I have come across article on the SC-9 IOL. From what I can tell this IOL has been in clinical trials since 2017, yet not approved anywhere for use other than clinical investigation.

I would think this lens might be a great mix and match with a PanOptix or Synergy IOL.

From what I have read it has a visual profile similar to a Symfony lens as shown in the attachment, but it does not split the light and promises what Symphony original promised, but did not deliver on, and that was an IOL that give great distance and intermediate vision and good close up vision without any more Dysphotopsias than a monofocal.

Who know if it will live up to that claim, but if true seems like it would be a better option than Symfony or Vivity.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.