Scales vs Shape

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all,

I'm sooooooooooooooooo fed up today and in need of some similar experiences.

I have opted for fortnightly weigh ins at the docs, in the first 2 weeks I lost 4 kilos. I knew it would slow down this fortnight but I weighed this morning and absolutely nothing... I have been an angel the last 2 weeks as well.

What I did notice was my legs, when sat at my desk in work this morning I had my feet sort of tip toed and I could feel the muscles in my legs. I had a quick peek under my trouser leg and its definiately more defined. It would be nice to get rid of these cankles but oh I guess some of us can't be happy hey lol

I am sort of but I prefer to see fewer numbers on the scales. I'm dreading my monthly weigh in tmrw.

Sorry for the moan. x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I seem to go through cycles of 2- weeks. I'll either loose weight or I'll loose inches. I measure my waist every day and keep a record of that as well as my weight.

Don't forget to count in your menstrual cycle (if you have one) that can add quite a bit of weight one week in four.

So what if you didn't lose anything, you still didn't gain anything and averaged out you have lost 1kg per week - that's good.

keep going

• Posted

Hi Sassh,

I had my weigh in this morning and I've stayed the same. The nurse did say it was fluid. I know I should be thankful but when you've been an angel its disappointing. I will measure my stats later when I get home. I use a Weightwatchers track book so I record eveything I eat and drink everyday but the measurements bit is every 4 weeks. I have noticed my legs shaping up.

I hate the pill! I was given it for polycystic ovaries and its a nightmare. I used to be on Dianette (not sure if you know about these) but it was too strong and gave me headaches, now I'm on microgynon. With Diantte I knew the week I was due I was at my heaviest but with Microgynon my fluid levels are all over the shop. I have a week and a half of pills left then its usually 5 days after the last pill I start my period.

I hope it is fluid. We'll see in another 2 weeks. I'm stic,king to the 2 weeks weigh in as I can't trust myself. Its a downer though when the first 2 weeks you lose then you don't, at least if it was the month I could of blagged it.

I'll lift my chins and think 4 weeks 8.8lb lol

Sorry about the moaning!!!

Thanks for the support x

• Posted

Shhhhh don't tell anyone but

*looks to make sure no one can overhear*

Have a pub lunch.

This is probably just coincidence but I had two consecutive weeks when I gained weight although I was sticking to the diet.

So I thought \"sod it\", went to the pub with a friend, had pie and chips and 'some' red wine (OK quite a lot of red wine).

Anyway I went back on the diet the day after and started to lose again.

• Posted

he he he!

I follow Weightwatchers points but because I weighed today thought I'd have a treat. Got a nice lil bap from the butchers, hot pork, stuffing and apple sauce... mmmmm x

• Posted

Oh you should def stick to your 2wk weigh in's, it's sometimes good motivation. I quite like the fear of someone else weighing, it helps to keep me in check.

I've found if my weight starts to plataeu its is good to starting introducing new (healthy) foods to your diet. Or to change your exercise routine. I also tend to increase the amount of white tea (similar to green tea, but without the caffine), which is great for ridding the body of toxins...making you pee more.

I hadn't lost weight, and have recently cut down on toning exercises and concentrated on cardio and I have started to really notice the difference. I also plan my weeks food (but you prob already do this).

Good luck

B O'C xx

• Posted

Hi B O'C,

I'm a WW follower too. Been with them 4 years now. Got my 50lb cert last year and then put 2st back on. Been on these before but didn't get on with them. I'm ok, just having a rant as you do.

• Posted

Well, I agree with you all. I have had my family saying \"gosh your jeans fit better\" but the scales don't always agree. Weight loss is a difficult thing. None of us would be here if we were big and proud or loved our curves. We all want to lose the flab but it is hard. Thinnies don't understand. They sit there with their crisps and chockie and you are eating yet another sodding salad.

So, be good most of the time but allow yourself some treats. I did SW a few years ago and lost 8 stn. But put it all back on (and it brought friends) as I had to be obsessive about what i ate.

Now, I have the odd take away, the odd bottle of red wine (yes, i do mean bottle) but I am losing weight because in the great scale of things I am still eating less than before.

So don't get obsessed. Keep looking at the postives. We're going to be here for a while so we may as well support one another through this mother of all battles.

Lelly xx

• Posted

Lelly M.....you can tell your 'friends' who are eating the crisps and choccies in front of you (are they friends?) that it is not healthy and it has been said by health professionals that you may stay slim for a while but I understand that down the line it all adds up and all those calories will show themselves at a later year in life. Don't ask me where I heard this but I did on either one of those tv programmes or the radio.
  • Posted

Not so much friends as work colleagues.

I do smile to myself and think \"one day you will wake up fat!\". I may be fat but I know I am healthy coz I have had that many blood tests / heart scans / breathing tests etc that nothing can be wrong!

Lelly xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up