Scar

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am allergic I think to bio oil. I don’t want to put that on scar. Scar is dark and tight as I do heel slides. Can I use vasoline on scar anyone know

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Can’t imagine what it would hurt - they used coconut butter on mine - whatever you use just keep pressing on the bumpy areas to break up the scare tissue beneath 
  • Posted

Hi Robin,

I started with vaseline along my incision line, no problems. However my massage therapist recommended Aloe Vera gel and I found it worked just fine.

John

• Posted

HinRobin, try calendula cream it’ can be known as marigold cream too. Boots sell it. Use it on all my scars. Great healer.
  • Posted

Are used baby oil to loosen the tightness up that after I started putting vitamin E oil really has helped the score 
  • Posted

Hi Robin

I was talking to my g.p fried about this, he said any moisturiser as long as it has no purfume in it. He also siad there is no proof bio oil is any better than normal moisturiser.

I have used it since my op and my scar is great

• Posted

It will lube but doesn't do deep healing. Have you tried pure Vitamin E. It heals all the way to the bone and as a pure Vitamin I've never known anyone to be allergic. Its the main healing agent my entire PT recommends and I've not run across anyone that's had problems. Just don't use the E with additives like you often find in the vitamin section at the various retailers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.