Scar on the back of head going down to neck. Should I be worried about infection?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

I'd firstly like to thank you for taking the time out if your day and reading this post, it's greatly appreciated.

As of recent, I have noticed a large rash that goes from the back of my head down to my neck. My hair has obviously grown out now but I usually get it all off at the back and sides and i was alarmed when I first saw it. I get severe itching all around my scalp but the back of the head is where the worst of the itching takes place. Unfortunately, I have been the subject of abuse through my childhood and i was wondering if anyone thinks this might be the case e.g struck in the back of the head / neck or boiling hot water to the back of the head. To me it looks more likely to be the later option because it looks like the liquid has run down the back of my neck and thats why the mark is worse on the back of head.

I'd love to know what you all think!

Thanks for your time

C

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about your experience with abuse - that is terrible. I hope you have gotten or are getting help to work through that.

Regarding the red mark, I have something similar and I've always known of it to be called "stork's bite" - - birth mark. Maybe it's that? Can't explain the itchiness though...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.