Scared..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, new here.. I am 20 years old and have had anxiety since the last time I smoked cannabis (17) after smoking for 5 years I woke up one day to smoke and had a horrible panic attack, and never could smoke again. Over the last 3 years every couple months I convince myself I have either lung cancer from cigarettes or diabetes or some other illness and it's crazy how positive I am when I get these thoughts.: lately over the past 2 weeks it has been my heart again.

I went to the doctor for a sharp heart pain when laying on my left side that eventually went away and was determined to not be my heart,

and while I was there the doctor listened to my heart and said it sounded normal and my lungs sounded clear and that felt good to know the rest of the day, before I left she reccomand I go to a cardiologist but I was so happy about my lungs and heart I said "no need" as she stated for peace of mind

The next day I got a call about being put on anxiety medication, after talking to the same doctor when I asked if she really strongly reccomands a cardioligst as I would be paying cash she brings up "well I think you should just to be safe as you do have a heart Arrhthmia and heart murmur" I started freaking out over the phone asking if I need to go, also I was having a panic attack when she was listening to my heart.. Is there a chance she thought I had an Arrhthmia because my heart was racing because of th panic? Also I've known about my heart murmur for almost 2 years now but when I first found out I wasn't worried

Now I am freaking out as they told me it could be months before I get an echo test.. I've had 2 ekgs and both doctors told me besides a heart murmur I was fine and never mentioned an Arrhthmia

The last 3 days I have not been able to work as I just zone out thinking of the cardioligst telling me I have MVP or AFIB.. I'm not sure how to cope and since I went to the Doctor I have been having constant pulse of around 100 even laying in bed and at work my heart will randomly make a flutter feeling that last half a second every little while.. I wouldn't say I'm paranoid but I am almost certain I'm gonna be told I have a heart problem as I have never been for an echo before.. I will keep this updated although it may be months before the test if I make it that far :o

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your age and the fact that you have had 2 EKGs which came out normal point to the fact that there is nothing wrong! Bear in mind you are not alone and there are a lot of people who worry about their cardiac health. I have anxiety and have had some serious chest pain issues in the past which puts into a hypochondriacal spell like the one you are in.
    • Posted

Thank you this made me feel better, I just read everywhere online that there's a lot of things that may not show on an ekg and I need an echo test done

I have 3 weeks until my appointment sad

• Posted

Yes im 22. And ive been having anxiety since jan.. It tends to slow down.wen u slow down like i used to have them 5times a day now probly 2 times or 1x a week. Youll be ok god bless us all with this anxiety cause i start my new job monday and i dont want it to come.. Worse fear 😪😥😭anybody who need motivation or help with calming down nd just vreathing. Not having to call the ambulance all the time because that was totally me. We should talk 3235227489

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.