Scared. 2 weeks in on citalopram and anxiety kicking off

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two weeks on 10mg and today I actually feel the worst I have done. Panic attacks feel as though they are swamping me and I feel like I can’t breathe and I feel all fuzzy. I keep waking up from sleep with nerves, racing mind,  racing heart and scared thoughts. I.e I’m never going to be better, I can’t cope etc. I’m trying to stay calm but it’s hard. 

I’ve taken citalopram twice before. I get to a point where I feel good and think this being happy lark is easy. So I come off and slowly but surely anxiety and depression creep back and I have to start all over again. I’ve been in bed the best part of two weeks.... 

Yesterday I felt I had turned a corner and today I am the worst. I feel awful 😩 I’m so scared and frightened. 

Just looking for comfort. Please help xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You know you can stay on this med forever. I hope you realize that..take care
    • Posted

Think that might have to be what’s right for me!! 

Doing this every year is exhausting and never gets easier. 

Thank you for responding it means a lot x

• Posted

No problem ..I have suffered with anxiety for three decades never in a million years I thought I recover on celexa..I would never want to return to those dreadful feelings ever again..too much to handle without meds...so I say yes to celexa.. always here to help...
    • Posted

Awh I’m sorry to hear that!!! It is the worst!!! 

I feel too scared to sleep right now for the lurking panic attack and uneasiness

Are you up based? 

How are you doing?  X

• Posted

It took me 8months to recover on celexa..and I feel very well..but prior to celexa I was a mess..and I recovered on ten milligrams....don't understand your question about based?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.