Scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

had abdominal U/s and shows a cyst in kidney want a catscan! Dr says its nothing but. Am freaked out it is cancer! I can't eat, sleep, function! I know most cysts are not cancer but with this health anxiety, I feel I am the exception to the rule! All blood tests for kidneys are normal! Please ex pray for me ! Thank you! Please no negative comments

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Think if you read between the lines of your own message you deep down within yourself know that it is not cancer. I know you will struggle to believe that but i would ask the medical gp for reassurance if they can assist. Scared is a rough feeling to get to grips with but i know that you will be ok. Try telling yourself over and over that you will be fine it might work. But ill pray for you but i also believe deep down inside you know youll be fine.
  • Posted

Hello Hun, calm down if you can, I've been there and know where you're coming from ok - remind yourself blood tests NORMAL, if you had cancer they would not show normal results, scans are procedure it's just how it works, you will be absoloutley fine try not to panic it will be allright - talk to any of us at any time, take some deep breaths and try to stay calm, your GP   Should be able to reassure you - this is what health anxiety does to us it makes us believe things that are NOT true.
  • Posted

Thank you both, I can't help but worry! My friend is a ct scan tech and she said its normal procedure from an u/s to a ct scan! But I am a wreck worrying and fearing the worst! I hate anxiety
  • Posted

Hello Marla I am Kaye from Austalia... i am on this forum as i now suffer from anxiety and agoraphobia.  5 years ago now i was having a scan and they found a cyst on my right kidney. They did a biopsy and said it was cancer... PLEASE DONT PANIC .... I am still here to help you and my friend had the identicle thing and also on her right kidney as well at the same timesmile   They will want to remove it to be sure in case it is cancer. This was done through key hold surgery which is a blessing. The recovery is quicker and I was up and out of hospital on the 4th daysmile  The hardest part is the stage you are at now... going for biopsy tests and other appointments ... this is the hardest.. and that is because of the unknown factor for you.... I wish i could talk you through every step... now that i have done this i know it is not as scary as i thought it would be.... please feel free to ask any questions no matter how pesonal as they only removed 1/3 of my right kidney and i am no different for itsmile  Kind regards Kaye
  • Posted

I am waiting to get in for a cat Scan! I am so scared! The word cancker has not been mentioned but I sm not stupid! I am glad you are fine but this has been going on 5 months now and it's probably spread all over me by now! It's horrible not knowing! The ultra sound didn't dhow a clear picture so have yo have a ct! Thank you for your words , I am happy you are one of the lucky ones! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.