Posted , 3 users are following.

53 year 0ld Male

Weight 240

Height 5'10"

GAD

DIABETES TYPE 2

ED

BILSTERAL HYDROCELES

IN FEBRUARY 2017 Was peeing more than normal. Went to my physician. They did a urinalysis. No sign of a UTI. They did find a trace of blood and rbcs with 3-10hpf. They sent me to a urologist because of my age and smoking history.

The urologist did another urinalysis and rectal exam. Plus a PSA blood draw. CT SCAN OF my abdomen and pelvic areas. They said they found no reason for the blood. In that following year I was still worried. I wound up having two head CT scans , numerous blood draws and chest xrays and still nothing. So my physician put me on effexor ER for anxiety. Which I think made the problem worse. I just had my yearly check up with the urologist. Another PSA, rectal check and UA. Everything came back fine. Do you think they've done enough testing and all this is in my head?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's ok too get a second and a third opinion but if they done all that then it's time too start seeing a cancer doctor just to be on the safe side oncologist is what you will need too see. I hope this helps hang in there try not to have any panic attacks I have aniexty and have those I have had half my colon removed this year and has a cystoscopy and biopsy done thank God no cancers but I would seek a second and third opinion if I was you.

• Posted

Hi Patty , if you don't mind asking , if you had part of your colon removed without cancer , was it because Crohn's or colics ?

• Posted

I don't have either they had too.remove it before the 5 cm poylp I had turned into colon cancer. That was the only option I had happy I did it and it was Robotic Surgery the fastest recover home the next day no.lifting though over 10 pounds for 6 weeks no baths or getting in the pool for 2 weeks picking the stitches either.

• Posted

Hi John , I'm also 53 but I'm 158lbs , I think if you can bring your weight down to 180 ( lose 60lbs) your overall health will improve and your diabetes might go away , you also smoked which I didn't . Those irregularities in your urine could be related to being overwheight .

1200 calories a day of quality food can improve your life drammatically.

Look at the Dr Nowzadaran TV show , he always recomends a 1200 calories a day diet and his patient always have miracle recoveries.

At our age we tend to eat for pleasure , cravings or ritual but our body really needs very little food.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.