Scared as still undiagnosed illness- Glandular fever/ Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive recently been diagnosed with health anxiety but over the past three months have had an illness that has made my lymph nodes swell and tender, headaches, tummy pain, lightheadedness, muscle pain, tiredness,  generally feeling awful. Ive had blood tests and they keep coming back with inflammation, and the doctors thought it was glandular fever so around 2 months ago I was tested and this came back negative. the doctor wants me to be re tested but obviously with health anxiety i am going crazy thinking it is multiple cancers. Is it possible fpr the glandular fever test to come back wrong?  I cant think of what else it could be apart from something really serious as I am not feeling any better and usually viruses only last a few weeks!! please help!!

Holly

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi holly, please go back to your doctor and ask for further testing and screening for possible physical causes.. it is possible that you could be. Suffering from fibromyalgia... a rheumatologist can confirm this....

Do not give up as it is affecting you every day living..good luck...

Sincere regards to you..Deirdre

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I, too, hope you will go back to the doctor for further tests. I have had Fibromylgia for many years. That illness causes so many different feelings. He/ she may recommend Lyrica, which is a miracle pill for me.. Good luck..
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Carole and holly.

I too have had fibromyalgia for many years, I take, lyrica, also. Tramadol, co-codamol, sertraline and ibuprofen..however I still

Find the exhaustion very difficult to cope with. The pain even. With large amounts of medication is still there... I do have some good days., which are wonderful. I have attended pain clinics, I also took part in a chronic pain study for ST BARTS. HOSPITAL and WARWICK UNIVERSITY...I did find that the

Best help technique was distraction !! As did four others...I

Hope every day I will wake up and it will be gone... good luck

To you all. Sincere regards Deirdre x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thankyou for your replies, I had never even thought of this so it could be another avenue to go down. Would this cause my lymph nodes to swell though? Also my skin often feels sore and sensitive and my muscles hurt to touch firmly 

Thanks 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi holly yes it certainly would, if fact they are two of the main symptoms

Most doctors like to rule out every thing else out before they check for this...ask to be referred to a rheumatologist, even even if is or is not at least you will know one way or the other...

Never give up, your doctor has a duty of care towards you, and you need. Some peace of mind. . Take care, sincere regards to you Deirdre x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up