Scared I'm having heart attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 25 male and I've been suffering with chest pain, pain in my jaw neck back and now in my calves which all indicate signs of heart attack. Can all these symptoms just be anxiety I went doctors a week ago and echo and bloods were fine. All these symptoms are scaring me that I'm going to have heart attack

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you think they are quite severe then I'd either ring you doctor and ask for advice or go to A&E / ER. It most likely is anxiety as I often get those symptoms but only you know if it feels like a major cause for concern or not.
  • Posted

Hi Tom

i think if you have had these symptoms for this long the chances of it being a heart attack will be very slim, as they would not go on for this long with out you colapsing.  when i was in my darker times i could work myself in to such a state the pain in my chest was like being hit by a lorry.  is the pain constant or come in waves?

• Posted

The pain in my leg is constant but chest and jaw come in waves. My breathing is fine. Keep looking at my symptoms on Internet which I shouldn't do all come up with heart symptoms but like you said I've had these symptoms for week apart from leg pain so surely would of had one by now
    • Posted

Instead of looking for symptoms on the internet, try looking for SOLUTIONS FOR ANXIETY!
  • Posted

Before I knew what anxiety was.  I had all these same symptoms.  Stress/anxiety causes us to really tense up our muscles. I remember when I would get sleep during my high anxiety.  I would wake up with my jaw hurtying really bad.  Because the anxiety caused me to clench my teeth in my sleep.  My understanding the most prominent heart attack signs are chest pains, and pain in neck and shoulder.  Find ways to relax, meditate (especially guided) walks, getting really involved in activities you really enjoy, and focus on enjoying what your doing.  When the thoughts of anxiety come up.  Tell yourselve "this is just my anxiety, it is not dangerous"  and refocus on getting back to enjoying yourself! Wish you the best, you can find peace!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.