Scared i may have some sort of cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all, new to this so here it goes..

I am a 21 year old male and have some worrying symptoms and the docs say im fine.

About 3 months ago i started to get some pain in the chest near my heart and shortness of breath, so I immediately went to the doctors and after seeing 3 different doctors all telling me i had some sort of virus and there was nothing they could do to help.

I than seen another doctor who did an ecg which was normal. But after a week i still wasnt feeling well so went back and than had a chest xray and some blood work done. When i went to get the results back from the doctor i had gotten worse with my glands in my neck swelling up, my throat was killing me i could barely swallow! And it was all inflammed and puss covered, running a fever of 38.6 and night sweats with an aching body, And i had got an infection where blood was taken. They told me i had what looked like acute bronchitis in my right lung, and had a look over me for other swollen nodes and spleen and liver, which they said my glands in my groin were up and so was my liver and spleen. So the doctor immediately said i had glandular fever and gave me antibiotics. After a week of bed rest and having no appetite i still wasnt feeling well so i went back and the doctor told me i had been infected with ebv virus (which is what causes glandular fever) before so it couldnt be that. I than had more blood tests and a ct scan of my abdomen and pelvis done, which all come back fine aswell.

Since than i still havnt regained my appetite and i have lost about 6 kgs, my glands in my neck are still up but not as bad. I have seen another doctor since and have had more blood tests taken and throat swabs and am due for a ultrasound on my glands on friday. I feel like my bones are starting to ache but i cant actually tell if im just thinking myself into it or not! I am so worried i have leukaemia or lymphoma or some other sort of cancer and i cant help but worry all the time about it sad i have been told that it could all just be anxiety but im hoping to get to the bottom of it so i can stop worrying myself into it. Sorry for the long post

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have my ultrasound booked for tomorrow and am going to get them to check it all out thoroughly, i than have to wait until monday to see the doctor again unless blood results are back already. Im hoping for a positive outcome but im thinking i may even ask for a biopsy to rule it out once and for all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.