Scared of being alone ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

morning, I live on my own with my 2 boys, but I'm scared of being on my own in the house with them on my own :-( i scared in case summit happens to me no one is there to look after my boys, is this normal ? I slept at my mums about 2month now on & off, if I don't stay there she stays at mine :-( I am scared stiff & dunno wot to do, I'm thinking weather to stay at home tonite or at mums :-( I'm really terrified :-( help wot shud I do x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Go to mum Gemma, be easy on yourself. Take the decision right and stick to it.

Going back and forth to mums is no long term solution though. Make sure you get some professional help. You don't feel safe to be alone because you don't feel safe in yourself. You have to learn how to come back home to yourself, a psychotherapist could help you with that.

You might want to invite someone over today or go early to your mum to get through the day a bit easier.

Take care, make sure you get help!

• Posted

Thank u so much luv, I push myself to do everything, bingo even though I feel poo poo, take boys school n outings, I'm just on my back from seaside as my little boys bday so yuk him away & I had to push myself to go there,

I am just really scared of being alone with my boys I dunno wot to do at all fed up of feeling this way :-( 

• Posted

It's great you stay active Gemma, not matter what! Going out there keeps you from getting worse.

Feeling fed up is a good starting point for starting therapy. This doesn't help you today, but you can pick up the phone tomorrow and call your GP for a referal to a psychologist. Pick one who teaches you how to relax and start breathing properly again. Wouldn't it be great if you'd find a real life person who could help you solve this? Because it can be solved! Psychologists treat people with all kind of fears all the time, that's what they are there for.

Can you invite someone over today? To take your mind of of things?

• Posted

I really don't no wot to do luv, stay home n push myself, I used to sleep at home every nite with my boys but now I dread it :-( I dunno why I'm like this just want it to go away,

Do u suffer with it ? How do u get through it luv ? I just wanna be normal again x

• Posted

I suffered from it in the past Gemma, I know how it feels, it's horrible! I went to see a psychologist for a while, who helped me in feeling safe within myself again and regain trust in that I'll be fine and that there are other people around who can support me.

There must be a reason why you started to feel unsafe in your own home while you're alone. Best thing is to make sure someone helps you to find out what the reason is, and solve it. Just wishing it will go away by itself won't help you any further, you need someone to help you through this.

For today: distract yourself, go out for a walk, take a hot bath, make some cookies, whatever, and look forward to seeing your mum later on. Distraction and seeking company always helped me the best while it was going on, nowadays I really enjoy my time on my own; therapy really can help!

Call in the cavalry tomorrow, and stop trying to solve this on your own, because you can't, as you have noticed. Trust me, after a while it will go away and it will be nothing more than a bad memory. As long as you go and see that psychologist!

• Posted

Yes luv I'm back in doctors Wednesday & I need sum1 to help me :-(

im scared of being alone in my house with my 2boys cud if I die in house there will only be my 2boys, who gonna look after them :-(

its a dreadful feeling so I just won't b on my own :-( 

I thank u very much luv for ur comments & I really hope u are right n hope it will go away as its doing me in :-( x

• Posted

Good to read you are going to see your GP! Make sure you get help and don't accept (just) pills, these could temporarily take the edge off a bit, but in the end you need to get things sorted out.

Wish you all the best, take care!

• Posted

Hi gemma it does look as if you have developed a strong fear of being alone, can you rationalize your fear. Like have you got a serious illness, what are the chances of something happening? I know it's hard to get a perspective on things especially when you are on your own your fears can just run away with themselves,and do feel very real xx
    • Posted

Yes luv I no wot u mean its awful, it's just the thought of me dying in house n my 2boys ain't got any1 in house :-(

my mind defo does run away with me :-( 

No luv no serious illness, aniexty is the things I suffer with & panic attacks :-( x

• Posted

Not trying to enable you but it is so bad maybe to oive with your mother for a while. You arent feeling well and this way you can foxus on healing and have love around you. I think its fine if you need a year to just to work on your health. It benifits everyone in this situation. 
    • Posted

Thank u so much luv, my mum would do anything but they ain't only me there is my 2 boys, I'm here a lot & I think she needs peace sum times so I'm gonna really try 2 stay at home x
    • Posted

How old are you and how old are your boys? Have you mum on speed dial in all your phones with her oicture if they are elementary school age so they can easily call her if needed.
    • Posted

Hello luv, yes my oldest is 8 luv, I am 31 :-( it's awful just wish it wud do 1 totally had enough of it now, do u suffer with it ? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.