Scared of feeling like this forever

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am recently battling the combination of depression and anxiety and find is a struggle everyday, especially at nights and in the morning. This has caused me to fear going to my room as it's a constant reminder of having anxiety and panic attacks, this fules my irrational and intrusive thoughts thus increasing my anxiety. It's a constent cycle that I can't break from! I just wondered if anyone had felt the same and if anyone had any advice for me???

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

The only advice I could give Alice is to see your doctor about treating your underlying anxiety. These kind of issues seldom leave on their own, you may find some therapy helpful
    • Posted

I think it depends on the situation if therapy is required. There r many issues that fall into a mind that is in fear. 

I hope therapy is recommended to help with diagnosis & meds. Short term may work we don't have enough information to make a accurate recommendation..

• Posted

True, therapy or meds can work, neither is better or worse, just all depends on what suits the individual. The benefit of therapy is that there are no side effects
  • Posted

And yes I feel the same way in many ways, its an impossible fight on your own
    • Posted

It is difficult to judge the strength of any individual. Words of feeling in a few sentences is not always enough..

facing the fear is the most important way to find coping tools right for the individual.. This is my experience. 

• Posted

As u say, theres too many factors. Facing fear for one person may be fine, for another it could make someone much more distressed. At least in therapy you get the chance to have guidance and protection while you tryr
  • Posted

Hi,

I learned to face my fears.. I can change my room around. Paint it a different color yet it's not just UR room that sets u off. It's the behaviors u learned in UR rm. Change UR behavior face the fear if meds r needed then try them , short or long term depending on UR diagnosis & progress.

happy days r ahead...unstick UR self from present thoughts train a better life..

u deserve it..

CHEERS

HOPE

• Posted

As suggested please do visit your GP. Tell him or her everything you have said here if necessary write everything down.  There is help out there you are not alone.  If you have a family member or good friend who could go with you that would be good if that would help you or go alone if your prefer.  Take care and let us all know how you get on.
    • Posted

Having these issues is common. A bit scary at first .unil u learn coping skills. Meds therapy is always a great option .. 

CHEERS

HOPE

• Posted

I'm 28 years old and recently when my mom came over she stress me out really bad she's very negative and after she left the next day I started getting really bad thoughts of hurting my 2 year old I've never felt like this i was so sick to my stomach I was puking could est depressed and hot flashes so I talked to my dr and he said I need to cut my mom out for a while so a month or so goes by and she needed help so I offered her to stay at our home and again same thing complaining about everything being negative so again these thoughts came back only this time it's been 2 weeks of these thought it's making me crazy I went to the hospital cause I couldn't take it they gave me some sort of anxiety pill it relaxed me but the thoughts won't go away I'm scared that I won't be able to handle this and so,etching bad happen I love my daughter with all my heart please can u give me advice also the first time I had these thoughts they only lasted 4 days I'm scared to be alone with her it make my stomach have butterflies and everts me I'm around her something bad come into my head ;(

7 minutes ago

• Posted

Again therapy for learning coping skill.. UR daughter needs stability I worry about her.. U don't want her do grow up feelin as u.. Separate from UR mom.. She is disturbing.. And she needs therapy and change u need to protect UR daughter..

I totally get it been there...it's fought at first. U will get better thru changing the negatives & pain.

cool

• Posted

Thankyou all for our helpful feedback. And to let you all know I have been to the doctors, I finally admitted to myself that I needed help as I felt I was going crazy! I've to make an appointment at the hospital to start CBT sessions when I feel I'm ready! Sometimes I feel I really need it, but talk myself out of it as I begin I feel better again (not for long mind you, it only lasts 15-30 mins max. I feel it's getting worse with more things around me, I was watching a concert on tv (Calvin Harris at TITP FYI) and I started to feel panicked, like I was scared something bad was gonna happen even though I wasn't even their??? The mass amount of people made me so anxious, is this normal or is my anxiety getting worse 
  • Posted

Hi Alice, I know exactly what you're going through as I suffered with almost exactly the same thing but I had to turn to medication to help me as my life was hell. 

I hope you get yourself sorted soon.

Danielle x

• Posted

Danielle,

i am sorry to hear UR life was so stressfully. It can cause so many health issues.

meds help some while others need long term help.

i hope UR life is better & u will never have to go back to that place again.

CHEERS HOPE

• Posted

Hello very old post but has the meds helped you? I'm suffering from this and I am afraid of taking meds. Also what meds did u take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.