Scared of Life

Posted , 5 users are following.

Whenever I am alone, doing nothing at all. Just in my own thoughts I become panicked about the world. The is REAL life, not just a game that goes over and over. I am so scared that when I die, I will have nothing but darkness. I will not be living. I am literally begging to stop this, I really just want to look at what I'm doing NOW. Not later in life....... whenever I see or hear the word death or anything related, even writing this made a static go through be, scary static. I really need to stop thinking or this will honestly...... overtake my life.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow.. I'm only saying wow because I understand your pain and I feel exactly like you.. 

• Posted

I get what I think is a similar feeling, I call them "reality attacks" where my brain remembers that I am me, I am alive and one day I will die and my thoughts will die.

In fact writing this just brought a little one on! I've been taking sertraline for anxiety and these attacks and so far it's getting a little bit better 👌

If it is seriously affecting your life go talk to a doctor, they cab offer you loads of help (:

• Posted

The thing that helps me calm myself down the mod to is being near people or animals. If I’m alone and panicking I start to believe in reincarnation. 
  • Posted

Do you play a lot of video games? I mean in a sense life is a game...it's a game of how one performs. I don't want to  preach existential philosophy so ill just state obvious facts...being aware of one's mortality is a part of living as a human and it's what separates us from animals. I guess some scientists would argue that this is an evolutionary advantage or a disadvantage. My only helpful non-preachy suggestion is that you can learn to choose when you need to think about it, when it is possibly is a self destructive train of thought and when it isn't. Everything can have a place, if it becomes too much to deal with you can see a therapist, because therapy is a great way to talk to someone if you need to do that, to be heard without judgement. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.