Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +1 following
emma03095 emma03095

Scared of my thyroid problem coming back

Hi all, I would like to share my story to see if anyone can relate to this, I had my first baby when I was 22 and all was fine apart from a little anxiety after having him which has never really gone away, but I just put that down to being a mum and worrying like mum's do, then 3 years later I had a baby girl, 2 weeks after she was born I was alone feeding her in my front room and felt like the room started to spin as though I was going to pass out, so I put the baby down and called my husband who kept talking to me the whole time to reassure me it will pass and all will be fine and that I was probably needing something to eat myself etc, to cut a long story short my mum ended up coming round to take care of the baby because my dizziness went from half hr to an hr then carried on for 7 hrs before I went to bed, I then woke the next morning and thought it had all passed, little did I know this would start all up again within 10 minutes of waking up for the next 5 months, it was a living nightmare, I lost so much weight, my hair started falling out, I felt like I was going mad and that my heart was going to pack in, I then got diagnosed with graves desease, I got put on carbimazol for a year and it all went back to normal but my anxiety and panic attacks didn't, 7 years later I was back on track and feeling normal, gaining my weight back and feeling good, my children then 10 and 7, my marriage broke down and I met a new partner and we would like to try for a baby of our own but the worry that is weighing so heavily on my shoulders is unbearable, I have spoke to my endocrinologist today and he said all should be fine and started me on a new medication so that if and when I conceive the baby won't be effected, but I'm so worried as to how I'm going to be effected after the birth, because it had so much control the first time I felt I missed out on a lot of my 2 children's lives and don't want this to be the case this time. My husband was very understanding and was with me through thick and thin ( literally) and worry that my prevent partner wouldn't understand so much bit then I think that's me just doing my normal worrying thing again. Does this sound familiar to anyone, thank you for reading 😊

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.