Scared of rabies

Posted , 2 users are following.

okay so last wednesday night i was getting out my car at 11 pm after going to a laundry matt with my kid and i felt a little sting on my shoulder i thought maybe a mosquito but it is cold and since my kid was impatient i didnt pay no mind and went inside. i totally forgot what happened until yesterday night that i was showering and saw two puncture wounds that scabbed up they were so tiny though. i accidentally scrubbed off the scabs. i never seen bats where i live or heard any bat or felt anything cling on my shoulder that night. im so terrified its rabies. im in america so if i were to get the shots i dont have health insurance so dont know if i should go to the dr about it or not. yes i do suffer from anxiety so its not making the situation any better. 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it sounds like a spider bite. you would have noticed a bat plus bats travel in groups so I'm sure you'd notice bats flying around.

• Posted

i heard rabid bats can get lost since they are disorientated but i didnt feel anything clinging onto me cuz im sure its wing or fang would of got caught on my shirt? but i didnt hear anything and i remember looking up still not seeing anything idk im just a hypocondriac i ran into a possibly rabid cat but they put the cat into quarantine and said if it was shedding the virus it would die in quarantine so ill have to wait till the 22nd just makes me mad how they didnt do the rabies vaccines then 😦

• Posted

if the bat was disoriented it would not bite you smoothly and fly off covertly, you would have noticed. you're overthinking and creating irrational scenarios. watch in a few weeks you'll look back and realize it was just a spider bite I've had two small holes and same spider bite. you're fine dont do this to yourself. try mindful mediation. hypnosis has helped me not be such a hypochondriac. I would avoid sugar scrubs bc I thought the sugar would get in my system and I would get a rush and my adrenaline would get out of control. all irrational thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.