Scared of something else been wrong

Posted , 4 users are following.

guys my mind wont switch off no matter what i do. its affecting my daily life. ive got all these symptoms. my doctor reckons i have bronchitis and said it could last about 6 weeks he gave me becotide inhaler. but hasnt checked me out because wont see me due to the virus. but ive got a little chest pain sometimes and short if breath. my partner seems to think im over reacting and that its anxiety but i cant help think i might have lung cancer or blood clot or something else. im terrified to go to the hospital because if the virus ive been worried anyway about getting the virus. ive suffered anxiety about my health for years. i have xanax but not sure wheter i should take when im taking inhalers. Im so scared il just stop breathing. ive got a headache today aswell. and also been sneezing. and also been having like numbness. like i dont know just feel different. im just a mess. an really dont even know what to think or do. how can i stop thinking i have something wrong especially with my lungs

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

rachel are you a smoker? I am assuming you’re pretty young so even if you do smoke, lung cancer takes a while to develop. if you don’t smoke, that’s great and your chances of lung cancer are practically nothing. When you get anxiety, you need to check facts. That helps you get in control of it. The fact is that the chances of having bronchitis are way way higher than lung cancer or blood clot. If you had a blood clot in your lung, you wouldn’t even be able to breathe.

overthinking only makes you feel more miserable. The fact that you are sneezing and have a headache points more to the bronchitis. You can have numbness with anxiety. I had that a lot.

do things To relax yourself. Don’t be " in your head" because that’s when thoughts go negative. Those negative thoughts are not based on fact they are based on fear. they are not rational.

try to relax yourself. do things that make you laugh and smile. Watch a funny movie, go for a walk in nature, you’re going to be fine.

Call the doctors office and ask if you can take the Xanax.

use the inhaler as directed. You may have to wait to start feeling better. Negative thinking will only set you back. Take care ❤

• Edited

Hey Rachel,

Sorry to hear about your situation. In terms of shutting off your mind, I too am dealing with severe anxiety at the moment... 😦 So I'd be a hypocrite to give advice there, but as for the other symtoms, let's rationalize.

I wouldnt worry that youre going to stop breathing, because thats simply not going to happen just like that. If your breathing were to ever get severely impaired youd end up in hospital before youd die.

It does sound like you're either sick with something like a cold or bronchitis as your doc thinks... the sneezing sounds a lot like a cold, same with the headache.

Lung cancer is most common in people that smoke and are 50 and up. If you're either of those things then it's possible but still very unlikely. I really think your hypochondria is trying to freak you out. 99.9% sure you don't have lung cancer...but if you need to be sure... you could probably request a ct scan.

It sounds like hypochondria really hurts your quality of life and I'm sorry to hear that. I too deal with it and it sucks... just know though I've thought I had a brain tumour, diabetes, rabies, covid-19 and MS and every single time.. I've been wrong.

best of luck Rachel.

• Posted

thanks johnny. i really am suffering badly. my ears are blocked. my whole body feels hot but i have no temperature. im just freaking out 😪

• Edited

Rachel, I have taken inhalers for lungs while taking xanex and aside from a little edginess, its safe. By all means take your xanex to calm down. Bronchitis is no joke and it really makes you feel lousy. It will give you chest pains and body aches and so will your anxiety. Dont get worked up over this, it will only make you more uncomfortable. You dont have the virus and you are not going to die. You are perfectly safe going to the ER to get checked out if you want to. The healthcare workers are there all day and they manage to stay safe and so do the patients. Dont let the virus scare you away from going to get checked out if need be. I would think he would have giving you an antibiotic instead of just an inhaler to open the broncial tubes. The antibiotic would help you get rid of the problem quicker, boost your immune system, and not just work around it, like the inhaler is doing. I would go and get physically checked out, the doctor can only do so much on the phone and its mainly guessing at that point. I would want my lungs clear and functioning properly as soon as possible. I doubt you have lung cancer or anything other than a viral infection of some sort. have to remember its allergy season so respiratory problems are very likely this time of year. i truly hope you feel better and you have nothing to worry about going to the hospital. I have been there numerous times for multiple things and its perfectly safe for me, for you, for all the other patients that go and come out feeling better and the doctors and nurses that are there everyday. Do not let that worry stop you.

• Posted

well he reckons its viral bronchitis so he said it wouldnt work on viral infection. its really hard being me right now. 😪

• Posted

Then be safe and go down to the hospital and get checked out so you are sure of what it is and that you have the right treatment for it. Its totally safe. Everyone is wearing masks and gloves so you will be absolutely fine going there. Beats staying home worrying about it, dont you think ? The sooner you go, the sooner you will feel better.

• Posted

can i just ask have u had bronchitis before ? and what symptoms did u have with it

• Posted

Severe chest pains, shortness of breath, vomiting, light headedness, congestion, sore throat. Swelling of lymph nodes also. White puss/mucus in throat. Coughing and then later coughing up phlem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.