Scared....of things that have made me scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does this sound like how anxiety works to you? I feel like I become so afraid of the things that have made me feel scared in the past. And, of course, with anxiety, the things that have made me feel scared form a very long list.

This then is what keeps anxiety going. For example, "once I had a panic attack while waking up, now I always feel scared when getting up in the morning".

Does this sound familiar?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have the same problem. My panic attacks happen early in the morning, or right when I'm about to sleep (usually 1-2 hour's beforehand).
  • Posted

Kind of, what exactly are you fearing?
  • Posted

Yes. Panic attacks slowly cage you in with rules. Its very important to fight this. Cbt would be great to help you understand about anxiety rules. They are terrible and trick you to thinking your safe if you avoid anything that causes anxiety but the real truth is it will destroy your life.panic you honestly do not have to believe every thought you have.attacks happen when your over stimuluted. Its a mal function that fires off the fight or flight. There are no real specific situations only ones you makes up, or ones that it happened already. Many have it with being around a lot of people, crowds because part of fight or flight is the urge to run or leave a Situation. Be careful the mind will validate anything you feed it. Best answer to this is constantly telling yourself you will wake up feeling wonderful and rested. And say it fifty times a day because you probably think about the opposite at least hundred times a day. Whenever you catch yourself negatively brainwashing yourself immediately say it in a positive way. I have had waking up panicky and it passes. Sometimes it takes a week or a couple of weeks, but it stops.thats the one thing about panic attacks they are not consistent and symptoms vary. Challenge everything when it comes to anxiety. Easier said then done but at least be aware of whats happening. If you drink caffeine drinks stop them. And have a small protein based snack before bed  and a b complex supplement. Just to make sure your sugar levels are steady and the b works on your nervous system. View anxiety ias a big bully. Mornings are hard at times it the begining of the whole day so in a way it does make sense.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.