scared out my mind symtims are scary

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm absolutely petrified to the point im not moving or anything .

All day I have had a strange brearhing problem I felt I was only getting half a breathe I did deep breathing to try to help but nothing it was difficult even to get a deep breathe in I went to pick the kids up and on the walk home I couldn't breathe that good at all like the air went completely hot and humid even though it's cold winds ! I then got the pit of my stomach feeling it's like I know im going to die today ! Something bad has happened in my body my partner has said when he comes home from work we will ring out o hours as there's no way I would get a appointment in doctors now I have a warm feeling on forehead /top of head like a warm flannel is on it or like im on a sunbed im freaking out now and I have never had anything like this breathing problem it's making my throat dry I can still talk fine though that's the only thing that's making me believe it's anxiety I had no reason to be anxiouse today I woke up fine and even booking a holiday I feel like there's no point booking as I won't be here it's like this weird gut instinct is telling me and I feel the need to rush everything even Writting this im rushing because I feel I won't finish it without dying im actually crazy I don't even feel excited for a holiday as I should be it's like the only emotion I have is fear I have tried everything I can to get rid of anxiety which then makes me believe more it's not I know I have it but surely can't cause all of this .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steph, I'm sorry you are feeling this anxiousness and other symptoms, and I am sure it will soon pass. I have a question..since many of us are very sensitive human beings, have you by any chance had caffeinated coffee or any other highly caffeinated drink? The way you are describing is like u experienced when I consumed a very strong coffee. When checked at the hospital, they associated this with high sensitivity to this strong caffeinated beverage.
    • Posted

No I can't drink caffeine drink as I'm sensitive get plus the lot and hospital told me to stay away from them so it would so you are right u would probably feel like this if I had drank some im still having it now feels like im breathing normal right at the end it becomes tense and kinda jerky I have tried everything to calm myself down xx
  • Posted

Hi Stephx

certainly sounds like a panic attack to me.  Always a good thing to have symptoms checked by a dr. If not for anything else you will receive reassurance.  Remember you are breathing. When we are in a panic mode we are not able to take deep breaths.  Fear does dreadful things to our bodies. There are good videos on utube about panic attacks and how to stop them.  Deepak Chopra'ss is especially good.  You are feeling a sense of doom but that goes with the attack. Glad your going to see someone.

• Posted

I wish I could believe it was panic attacks but iv had it all day now still here now but still having breathing difficulties I can shout clean ect and everything but I get this overwhelmed breathing feeling and then the doom sets in and daydreams/thoughts I have noticed I keep going into trances and having to snap myself out of them nobody else can see I'm having breathing problems either which makes me belive it's anxiety but I just done know I will know for sure when I go to doctors I suppose thanks xx
  • Posted

Hi, are you on any medications that this could be a side effect to??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.