Scared!!! Sad and lonely.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there people, still having panic, anxious , jumpy, tearful, ocassionally think about throwing myself in front of a fast moving vehicle, get it oover with.

Anyway, thats not what I came on here to report. No, I saw my CPN yesterday, and she got this med for me, I am scared to take it, and very scared of the weight gain issues. Ive allready put some eweight on havien taken citalopram for nearly a year, wieght has increased. Thie idea of putting more on really upsets me. I hate my body and to that person that burgaled my body ........ hmm, How bloddy vain am I?

Its not vanity, well yes its is, but no its not.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello taking mirtazapine is risky it might even make you feel better. I know the weight issues are a big problem but isn't that better than feeling anxious and suicidal? It has worked for me in the past that is why I'm going back on it tonight hopefully you'll feel the benefits too. What dose have the docs started you on? I hope you feel better soon. Pooh.
  • Posted

WellIve been given 45ngs, but Ive to half the pill in the beginning, for 4 days...and then in the weekend start taking the full dose. Pooh bear, i am scared asI think I have somesort of withdrawal symptoms from the citalopram, my legs stop moving, yet I want to fire on with the walking and my head spins, and sometimes I just want to sit down (correction , lie down on the ground). Anyway, may take it later, i dont know what to do? children driving me mad and I just want to enjoy them again!!
  • Posted

Have you withdrawn from the citalopram quickly? If you have stoppped one and started the mirtazapine straight away you might start feeling side effects as well. I thought that I was suffering from mirtazapine withdrawals but infact my increasing anxiety was due to my illness. The mirtazapine had masked that. You might feel a bit spaced out during the first few days on mirtazapine. I am just waiting to see if I feel drowsy at the moment just dead and a bit flat as I did so much crying yesterday. Contact your CPN if your withdrawals are getting out of control. Pooh.
  • Posted

Hi Pooh Bear, yes I dont know, still not taken new nmd, but reduced ditalopram dose...and yes very dizzy and lay on my couch for 2 hrs and 2o minutes with my heart racing and a multiple of gawd awful thoughts. Going out tonight, and anxious about going out....not because of the people I have a lot of time for my frined, but just the mere fact I have to walk round the corner to her house, and later at night.

Dont know what to do. Speaking to a girl at work, who gave me some great advice about my life . really level headed woman, but its still not in my control yet, i cant decide if it this envioroment or me .

My wee gal left a note, which sent my heart pounding. On the notepad it said, to Mum and dad, look under this page , when i have gone away. Lift up the page and in big CAPITALS. I love you both very much. bye bye.

aWWW, GUILT TRIP AND GULP....I dont know what to do. :cry:

• Posted

:shock: Just up!!Well feel normal mood wise, but absolutely exhausted/A bit guilty as I ve nto done anything. had odd anxious dream about it being a Friday and I had work on Monday and my heartbeat racing fast. But hey still alive. Hope you guys are good, too tired to read (is everyone okay?) hmm, so tired, night night.
  • Posted

TT - Katy how you doing? You on this drug too now?

I'm afraid the weight gain has happened to me on Mirtazapine. Put on a stone since April. To be honest, though, at least I am sleeping now which I never was whilst on Citalopram. I've not needed to touch Zopiclone since being on these. I don't think anyone can get better without sleep and I was getting really edgy with having to take so much Zopiclone.

Doc has referred me to a gym to do something about the weight gain. Don't much feel like going. Never been a gym person but feel I need to do something. We'll see how it goes.

I also felt a bit spacy coming off Citalopram/switching to Mirtazapine - stick it out, the symptoms ease.

Anyway, take good care of yourself. :hug:

Best regards.

• Posted

Hi Stiltman, I so wish I could say I was feeling on top of the world, But, sorry no can do.........today was one of my worst yet....I am sure I nearly pasedut, I honestly thought I was going to scream, but no, I screamed into self, head in hands and trembling, and uncontrolably trembling , feeling like I was going to chuck ,and then trembling and then almost blacking out, Could see people around me, but could not hear them.

Somone drove into my mums car while she was in it again. I mean really , for god sake, when is our luck going to change.

Anyway, home safe and so is mum now...thank hod for that. maybe tomorrow will be better, as Stiltman looking forward to a good nights sleep.

Oh, CPn callled, told her everything....looks like this is a normal reaction , drug mix....god I would not like to be a mouse and enter my medicine cabinet :lol: You should see it.....you would have thought an elderly person stayed here with all them :lol: I dont need a cat , I could just chop them into little pices and sprinkle them all over the kitchen , that should do it. Hey, it may not kill them just knock them out...enough time to pick them up and put them outside :lol: :lol: I dont know how I do that......but thanks, as I sigh relieved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.