Scared that I am going to overdose on meds that doctor prescribed me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys so lately I have been thinking what if I overdose, something bad will happen to me while on these meds & what if I am taking too much medications.? I got prescribed cetirizine 10mg tablet also known as zytrec for my allergies taking 1 a day. I got persrcibed fluticasone propionate nasal spray 50mcg to spray my nostrils twice a day and I also got prescribed omeprazole dr 20mg aka Prilosec for my horrible acid reflux issues which dr said to take it twice a day but I only take it once in the morning bc I feel like one is enough. My paranoid thoughts have me thinking that I am going to overdose bc I feel like it is too much & I want to stop taking it all especially the allergy pills idk why but they freak me out everytime I Take it I always make myself go into that anxious feeling bc I keep having that “WHAT IF” thoughts about it since my pharmacist told me it can cause dizziness or drowsiness.... I need advice sad I have a horrible headache today and did not take any otc for it bc Im having the “what if” thought & its mixing medication so I will just deal with the headache tonight... 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You will be fine.  Your dr and pharmacist will let you know if any of the drugs have any interactions that you should be concerned about. You also can google them together to ensure there are no interactions with each other. They are all different medications that have different active ingredients. If you still feel concerned I would call your local pharmacy to ensure yourself that your fine taking all the medications at the same time. Best of luck
    • Posted

Thank you & I searched up if I can take zytrec and aleeve & it says there is no interactions but im still scared to take an aleeve but my headache is just pulsing at the back of my head & neck ugh ! 

• Posted

There are 24 hour pharmacy’s that you can call to ensure that it’s okay that you can take the medication on top of what you are already taking. I would say that if it’s causing you discomfort it’s eorth the call if it clears your mind. It would not cause and problems as long as for example you are not taking two medications that can make you drowsy and what not
  • Posted

I would make sure your labs are OK if you are really concerned. I don't blindly trust doctors and pharma because I did and it almost cost me. Be proactive about your health, be your own advocate, trust your gut instinct, get tested if it will help ease your mind. In my opinion I do not think you will overdose but I understand your concern and sometimes we have valid reasons for concern. I know I did and I'm glad I researched and got checked out. I had to get off bennedryl and Zyrtec and meds like that. I was on it most nights because my doctor said it was so safe I could even double up on it, which I didn't. Basically two years later I find out my GFR was low, CKD 3 stage. Come to find out on my own, no help from kidney or any other doctors it can cause urine retention and articles recommended not taking it for long periods. My mother in law was advised by her doctor to stop taking Flonase because it was damaging her eyes. My husband had to stop taking prilosec because it was damaging his liver. I want to just be honest with my own experiences with this stuff. Everyone is different so my two cents is get lab work done if something doesn't feel right or you are just concerned. From my own experience, you have a right to be concerned and care about your health.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply ! I was told by my local pharmacist to not take my allergy pills for more than two weeks my next follow up with my dr is in two weeks also so I should be stopping the allergy pills when I see my dr again ! Dr says my labs results are normal too but I have health anxiety which makes me have the “what if” thought. This is my first time trying these meds out I Was on prevacid for not even a week  a couple mnths ago  given by the hospital dr bc it made me real dizzy but yes I agree with u ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.