Scared that im developing a serious mental illness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys !

for starter i have to tell you that i had alot of mental exams like Rorshach test , sitting with a group of Psychiatrists and answering their questions they asked me .

the only thing they diagnosed is that i suffer from Anxiety and ADHD and it hasnt changed(im 23 now).

in the last 3 days i keep getting concerned that i might start hearing voices. i dont hear any voices at all but sometimes im having random words or sentences jumps into my head and it sounds like the voice that you use when you are reading a book quietly .. i also hear random words when im about to fall asleep ...

the thing is that i CANT get those thoughts out of my head , it keeps lurking in my brain and i cannot make them dissapear ! i dont feel anxious but it is concerning me, i just keep thinking of "what if ill start hearing voices and what im experiencing now is a start for a serious mental illness" ?

my Psychiatrist always told me that if they didnt even notice a single sign of a serious mental illness by now so i probably wont suffer from any kind of a mental illness.

please respond to me because im very concerned ..

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

youre not alone i have severe ocd and had obsession of developing schizophrenia its awful your brain is very hypersensitive to sounds right nowyou are looking for it this is normal with anxietyi did the same thing it goes away once u stop worrying about it you are ok

• Posted

oh and yes that can happen before falling asleep its normal but when you are anxious

• Posted

Sounds like anxiety for sure and probably ocd (though I am not a PSYCH and cannot diagnose). I have both and I get racing thoughts and it feels like you are hearing out loud every thought that pops into your head. It is annoying if you know what it is and terrifying if you don't. The reality is the more you try to get those thoughts out of your head the worse they become. The key is letting them come but not spending energy or time on them. I Know it is easier said than done. I was able to master it for 22 yrs and now I am struggling again. People often think of ocd as repeated hand washing or checking and rechecking but nope, there is more to it. I have ocd but it is only the thinking aspect or hearing my thoughts and can't shut them off. You will not become crazy or start hearing voices out loud. If you treat the anxiety naturally or with meds, it eventually goes away. Meds worked for me short term and natural way through therapy kept me good for 22 yrs.

• Posted

You just perfectly described what i experience ! random words pop into my head and i hear them out loud ! thank you !

• Posted

I'm suffering the exact same thing, Ive made a post about it on my page and it's nearly word for word the same as yours, it's a horrible feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.