Scared to even move?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anybody get anxiety so bad that they can't even move?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I sometimes experience this when in the peak of an attack-sometimes all my body freezes. I think maybe that's telling my body I have had enough. I try to go with it- I try to stay frozen and calm my breathing, shaking etc 
  • Posted

Yes I either have to stay still or try and get on the floor or at least on my knees so if I fall over I havnt got far to fall, I feel for you it's HORRIBLE .
  • Posted

I guess it's not that I CANT move, but like I feel safer of I don't? I've been reading today that people now refer to Fight, Flight Or Freeze. Makes sense, I suppose
    • Posted

Yes it's totally paralizing and consumes you in that fear zone for however long it takes to subside, it's not nice and unless someone understands how it feels they don't  understand .
  • Posted

Yes Jen

I think it is a huge problem to take the rubbish down to the chute.

I shut my windows so I don't hear any noises.

• Posted

My Anxiety goes in stages

Stage 1..  I feel a deep sense of despair inside my stomach that triggers an attack about to occur. If i get the opportunity knowing whats happening in my body I try to explain it to those around me.

Stage 2...  I feel  the despair well up inside of me and it travels from my stomach to my head and I begin to get very aggitated and start mumbelling loudly and shake from the inside out.

Stage 3.... I become verbally louder and the shaking becomes tremor and I begin to weep and become breathless.

Stage 4.. Now with tremoring especially the whole side of the right hand side of my  body I can now begin to cry loudly and uncontrollably , this can be anywhere, home or outside. I feel hopeless to stop it.

Stage 5. Screaming in emotional agony I cannot be consolled, I can not react to others talking to me trying to calm me down , i scream louder if people touch me , my breathing becomes very fast and my whole body is in trauma .

I feel my lips and my legs going numb on me and usually by this time I am on the floor.

I really dont have any answers to what can work. I havent found any yet.

All I know is I am toally missunderstood and seen to be scary and frightening to those witnessing me in such a shocking state .

I really cannot function at all when at level 5.

Only with meds can I slowly bring myself out of such a depressing situation but even this takes time to achieve .

Its often led to an ambulance being called .

I feel for you my friend , you are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.