Scared to get back on Zoloft

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been off of Zoloft for about a year now and my Dr. wants me back on it for my anxiety but my problem is I'm scared to take it due to the side effects might make me more nervous than I already am. How bad are they side effects as I don't remember. How long did it take for it to improve anxiety related symptoms for y'all? I am constantly anxious throughout the day but not out of control, just on edge, nervous, hard to concentrate, if it gets too bad I take xanax but that makes me kind of drowsy every time I do.

Any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I recently got off Zoloft last month after being on it for 3 months to no avail. It didn't help me at all. If it didn't help you I highly advise to not take it again. It made my anxiety worse. I know it works differently for everyone but based on what your saying it sounds like it doesn't work well for you.

• Posted

Yeah I hate this anxiety, it's been really bad for the past week but I dont want to make it worse by taking this! I've read that it takes weeks to kick in too, so what does that mean I have to feel worse for 2 more weeks!

• Posted

Yeah it's a double edged sword because on the one hand it may work perfectly, but on the other it may make things that much worse. As much as I can't stand my anxiety I couldn't take the side effects again on top of all of this.

• Posted

Yeah tell me about it, I've been dealing with this for years now, but this whole week anxiety has been bad for me and I can't handle making it worse. I guess I'll have to decide to either try it again or stay on Xanax the whole day. Thanks for the feedback

• Posted

I'm on Zoloft and the first time I took it, it made my anxiety so much worse I thought I was going to go crazy but when it kicked in it actually worked. The second time, although it didn't make my anxiety worse it didn't make it any better. I'm still on it, but it really doesn't do much for me. If they don't work for you, speak to your doctor as there might be another tablet that could work better like Citalopram or Fluoxetine.

• Posted

Thats my problem though, I'm already super nervous and don't know how I could take being any more anxious than I am already. My Dr. said to just take more Xanax. It's kinda like being stuck right now, really sucks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.