Scared to take medicine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im pretty sure I have been suffering from allergies, I got benadryl 25mg which was perscribed for me to relax & fall asleep but have not took it because of all the side effects listed & as you guys kno Benadryl is also an allergy medicine but im scarreedd lol my mom also got me these other allergy pills from work but Didnt even take those because im scared 😭😭 How do I convince myself to do it 😭

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

I’m the same way with new medicine but my fear is if I’m allergic to it. I hate starting new medicine. But what I do is take the new medicine when I’m around my family. For some odd reason that makes me feel more comfortable to take it. Sending prayers your way!! 

• Posted

Thank you im thinking the same too that im going to be allergic to the allergy pills, Ive tried to take it at home when everyone is there but I still cant 
  • Posted

Hi there🙂

Bless you x

Can you take notice of what your dr said? The advice to take this medication.

It been prescribed it by your dr  and I’d like to think he/she knows what there doing. As in give you them to you in the first place.

Every medicine has to come with the warnings of possible side effects.

It’s true The list can be long and have all kinds of things on there, it can be scary I totally get that, but read the leaflet it says how often a side affect may happen.

If you take you first dose with somome you can see how you get on.

there is an over the counter medicine you can get called  Piriton it has the ingredient cetrazine in it which is an antihistamine for allergy’s if you wanted to try something like that.

i know it’s hard I’ve had so many bloomin meds but it’s worth trying it isn’t it?

whatever you decide good luck

vicky🌈

• Posted

Thank you youre right Ive told myself my doctor gave it to me bc itll be beneficial but doesnt work still ! Im going to keep trying tho
    • Posted

So have you tried this  medicine before? It’s just you said that your scared  to take them then they dont work?

if you’ve tried before why not give it longer, if they didn’t work then say.

If you’ve allergies try over the counter medicines maybe herbal?

i wish there was a magic answer.

I guess it’s wether you decide to carry on and take them. Or maybe speak with your dr about this. See if there’s some answers for you.

hope you get things get better soon for you.

have you always had a fear of new medicines?

i get real worried when your start a new one, i just go with what the drs day.

take care

vicky🌈

• Posted

I havent tried them yet ive had them for almost a month now lolll my dr just told me to take them at night so I can fall asleep but its also an allergy relief but im scared 
  • Posted

Stacey.baby,

Benadryl will really help your allergy . They are very safe, probably safer than some of the food we eat. Just take the recommended dosage and you’ll be fine. Good luck !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.