Scarf recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've not needed painkillers for 2 or 3 days and suddenly last night and this morning I have a bit of pain across the top of my foot. It's 2 weeks today since my op and I get stitches out tomorrow. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think this is unusual, I'm now 7 weeks post,

double chevron bunionecotomy. I took meds first week

then thought I didn't need them so stopped but a few

days later had to start on the ibuprofen again. You're

probably going to feel a few more twinges and

twitches over the next couple, may be more, of weeks

yet. All part of the healing process of nerves and

tendons repairing themselves.

• Posted

Painkillers! (especially if your foot is bandaged up so ice can't be applied). You may well find that, although having the stitches removed is virtually painless, your foot lets you know about it later on or the next day - I found the post-stitches foot pain about as painful as the early days but then again, people have different experiences. Hope it goes OK. Keep taking it easy :-)
  • Posted

Yes totally normal. I am 6 weeks and remember very similar happening to me.
  • Posted

Thank ladies, it's reassuring to know it's perfectly normal.
  • Posted

Don't worry I'm over three weeks from op and needing  pain killers on regular basis.. Can't see any end to it at the moment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.