Scarring on the lung

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey Everyone 

My Dad has COPD,arthritis and twist in his spine.

He doesn’t ask doctor what things mean typical man anyway he has a pain in his leg that the doctor said was coming from his back so I think that could be sciatica?  The doc did keep asking if it had reached his foot and seemed pleased it hadn’t? Not sure what happens when it does reach the foot?

He’s had a few X-rays over the years and has been told he has scarring on the lungs I know that’s not good but with him being a smoker is that usual or is it something to be concerned about??

Thanks 

Leanne

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Leeane, the best way to get correct answers about all this is to go with your dad when he sees the doc.  Many of us get through long live with spines twisting to some degree for various reasons.  Pain going down the leg coukd be a pinched nerve.  Scarring in the lungs begs the question: what kind of scarring?  Infections leave scars.  I'm no doc but I tend to think of smoking as something that darkens the lungs, because that's what docs told me.

How old is your dad?

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply 

My Dad is 62...I do try get him to make an appointment when I can go or get day off work but he just tells me he’s been lol..I believe the way my dad told me the doctor says it was to be expected with smokers..so I just wondered what will happen as he’s not stopping smoking.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.