Scary palpitations so annoyed

Posted , 6 users are following.

So for the past like 8 months I've been having heart palpitation used to be so bad and I've had ever test done possible just about. Tons of EKGS, echo, holter monitor, event recorder, blood work and a cardiac CT scan of my heart to make sure i don't have a abnormality, which all the test came back normal thankfully, but I did have some pvc's on my holter, but these symptoms all went away which was kinda weird for like a good two months, but this morning I woke up and my heart started beating funny irregularly for about 5-10 seconds with really scared me but I'm pretty calm because I know that if you don't have a heart abnormality then things like that are harm less, could it have been from eating a lot of sugar yesterday? I just talked to an Electrophysiologist who isn't concerned about my pvc's and stuff which was reassuring

PLEASE HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ???

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, these things happen to people all the time and only people that suffer from anxiety get overwrought and then can actually make them happen again by getting anxious. I know because I have done just that.

• Posted

you've and palpitations like skipping for more than 5 seconds and after being like completely fine for a extended time period ?
    • Posted

I have had them, don't know how long they lasted. They return rarely. If you are worried have your Dr put a monitor on you and see if it happens frequently. But with all your tests normal it is probably not frequent and thus normal.

• Posted

I usually have like skip arounds and I've had a month long monitor and holter for 24 hours but he wasn't worried about the pvc's and such
    • Posted

If your Dr isn't worried you should be good. If you are not comfortable with your Dr opinion get another one if you can.

I had to cut caffeine and sugar put of my diet. It was rough but worth the results

• Posted

Yes, Josh. It has happened to just about everybody on this site - I'm only saying this through reading hundreds of posts from other anxiety sufferers.

Nothing to do with sugar. trust me.

Start trying to trust the medical professionals who have assured you that your heart is normal.                                                    love Tess

• Posted

Tess I know it is not sugar causing them but cutting down on stimulants helps reduce some symptoms
    • Posted

It was in that book, The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques. The day I had my first horrific anxiety attack I has eaten dark chocolate. I eat limited sweets now and feel less shaky, also cut all caffeine, no coffee or tea, and I never did drink soda. Just water and coconut almond milk period.
  • Posted

i get palpitations and heart beating very strong too,all anxiety related.its scary though.magnesium seems to help a litte bit,x
  • Posted

Loads of people with anxiety think that  they are having a heart attack when really it is only fast pulse causing this.  Try not to let your thoughts get carried away with themselves.
    • Posted

It wasn't beat to fast it was like skipping around for like 5-10 seconds which really really freaked me out
    • Posted

That's called palpitations and they occur in everyone, every day, but nearly all go unnoticed - until you start to get severe anxiety.

Then you'll notice them! But nothing to worry about.  Tess

• Posted

Sugar/Bad carbs/Salt/Processed foods /junk food / alchohol / weed / drugs will cause anxiety in the short term and longterm. Eat a whole foods clean diet with a perfect blend on carbs/fats/proteins. Get lots of green leafy vegetables in as magnesium helps with anxiety chest pain / palpitations. But I would reccomend magnesium supplements until it improves. Also rescue remedy for when it happens really bad.
    • Posted

I also forgot caffein and any stimulant is horrible. Try to get sun everyday for 10-3min as the vitamin d helps with anxiety. Also a good b vitamin complex and multivitamin can help with stress levels
    • Posted

Thanks a lot! I've been out this summer and will definately get the sun and I've been cutting out any unessasary added sugars and junk, but have been eating about two bananas a day for the potassium and magnesium !
    • Posted

Due to the soil being depleted of nutrients it's hard to get potassium and magnesium in your food. I think you need 4700mg of potassium daily and a banana has like 300mg so you might have to use supplements or starting drinking green smoothies daily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.