schizo-affective with depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been thinking I had my depression under control, I worked, forced myself to go out with friends, etc. but yesterday I was attacked verbally by this person over the phone. Now something like clicked,I'm severely mad, looking for revenge but at the same time everything looks brighter and I realize I was doing alot but I wasn't actually enjoying myself while doing it. Now i'm exicited an look forward to go see some friends today.I guess my question Is,How do I go about keeping this feeling? Is it only going to last till I confront this person then go away?Maybe I shouldn't confront them at all, just stay irritated with them?Should I get my meds dosage increased?

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The best thing to do is ignore this person, two wrongs never made a right,put it down to ignorance,people can be very evil, i know, stick to your meds, and try to forget the incidence, if you feel a need to increase the dosage, see your doctor first and tell him what upset you, see what he says, i wish you well, angela
    • Posted

What I mean is I feel better now than I have for months, no depression symptoms at all. What i'm afraid of is that it may just be the adrenaline that has me feeling great and once it wears off I will go back into depression. I've read up on depression a little but don't really understand how it works. I don't know when i'm depressed till I come out of it. I'm going to go enjoy my day while I feel good, Thanks for any information you can give me.

• Posted

hi doc,

sorry about that person attacking you. personally, i am sensitive....so things like that really hurt me. it's very rare i attack back (thank god), but something like that can upset me for a very long time. i usually discuss these feelings with my therapist. you're feeling some adrenaline and its making you feel great? i think you need to speak with your doctor about this. you are worried about coming down, maybe fearing the irritation that comes back after feeling good? we all get ups and downs. your doctor can help you with your diagnosis. you should be fully knowledged on your illness. then it makes it easier to fight. i know that confrontations are usually avoided, because they make us feel uncomfortable...but we can be taught how to deal with these emotions. but knowing how to feel good after being attacked, can be learned alot easier with some help from your doctor teaching you. or giving you a med increase. i'm not sure. you should make an appointment to get advised. good luck, and i hope this helps

from, laura

• Posted

Hi Doc65041, you dont need any negativity when your dealing with depression espeically when you seem to managing well. I suggest avoiding that person as they are no good for you or propbably anyone ! avoid sopcial media that is negative and full of trolls or bullies keep yourself focused on positive stuff I listen to music more than I watch/listen to news stories wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.