sciatic pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am 3 weeks post PKR and have been having sciatic pain and a numb left hand since my surgery. I do have neuropathy in both hands and feet, but my left hand is much worse now. Does anyone have anything like this ? Thanks to all of you in this group! I have been helped so much by the discussions. 

Sue

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Read the Sciatica section...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-tkr-experience-or-wish-i-had-another-kidney-stone--524499

I encountered it 5 weeks post-op.  We walk "funny" trying to avoid the knee pain.  This can cause hips, pelvis and/or lower spine to go out of alignment.  Can also cause your SI joints to lock up.  Solution: chiropractor.  Takes a few weeks to get it all straight again.  Simple fix...

• Posted

Thank you Chico! I hadn't even thought about a chiropractor. I will make an appt:-)

• Posted

I've had sciatic pain many, many times.  All fixed by chiro except one that was caused by a bone spur "crushing" (doc's term) my sciatic nerve root at L4.  Simple laminectomy...done.  All the other times were trauma (falling on the hip while skating without my hockey pads on) or walking "funny" because of pain.  It's really amusing that we walk differently to avoid some pain and only cause more pain.  Our species is NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.