sciatica

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello,i would like opinions on whether or not i can safely carry on with back exercises with my two new knees.

the exercises are the ones advocated by Robin McKenzie in his book "treat your own back" and i specifically refer to the one where you lie completely flat,face down,totally relaxed and then push up with your hands and do a half press up. This bends the spine and helps reinforce the Lordosis.

i have found this procedure extremely helpful in keeping my sciatica at bay and wish to carry on with it.

the question is,will my knees be ok for this?

What think you,o people of the forum?

i should add i used to be terribly afflicted with sciatica,until this book saved my life.

Yours

Mike

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.