Sebaceous cyst on penile shaft. GP refusing to operate.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a sebaceous cyst on my penile shaft since January this year. My doctor initially prescribed antibiotics to get rid of infection, however the lump has remained there since. I’ve been informed that removing it is not an option unless privately funded. I recently visited my local GUM clinic  to see a doctor there and to have myself tested. All of my results were negative, ruling out any STI infections. 

I’m 27 years old and quite frankly, this lump has had a severe impact on my self confidence, to the point where I’m too embarrassed to start a relationship and engage in any form of physical intimacy. When I have an erection, the lump is significantly more pronounced and I worry that it would cause discomfort to a potential sexual partner. I suffer from depression and anxiety (currently taking Mirtazapine) and this “deformity” isn’t helping my state of mind. 

I’d greatly appreciate any advice/experiences. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matt , isn't your cyst the type with semiliquid pus/grease inside ?

I know people that after disinfecting they pierced the top and squeezed all the stuff out , is it that type ?

Also a chinese remedy is to apply a very warm hard boiled egg on it until it burst and empties . I'm not telling you to do this , I'm just informing you of solutions that have worked for others , so you have more options to discuss with your DR.

• Posted

I know it’s affecting your self confidence but could you post a picture? Also are you in the uk? If so I could give you detail of a clinic that I really believe will help you! I have had a harmless lump removed from my penis by them and it wasn’t too expensive and didn’t feel a thing! Let me know man 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.