second day on orlistat and i cant stop eating

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is my second day on orlistat and i feel so hungry and i dont know why is this normal ?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

i was like that to begin with too it goes away!
  • Posted

could it be psychological hunger?

before this when i would make a half hearted attempt at dieting by the time evening of the first night came i could usually be found in the kitchen staring at cakes and biscuits!! :lol:

• Posted

I so hope so,this is my last chance so ive got to give it a good shot if i want to be thin,so how long have you been on orlistat and how much weight have you lost if you dont mind me asking?
  • Posted

hi

not sure if that question was directed at meself! but i shall answer anyway

Im around a very fluctuating 15 and a half stone, and ive only been on them for 6 days so im not looking at what ive lost yet. im just trying to concentrate on getting a healthier eating plan sorted and excersing a bit (lot) more.

Im hoping to get into the normal part of the bmi chart so i can start rock climbing again. i can still do it now but im not climbing at anything like the grade i should be because i just dont have the strength to hold my body up....and as for over hangs? well.....i think id bring the whole crag on top of me at the minute!!!

• Posted

Well im about 15 and a half stone and would love to go back horse riding, ive not been able to do it for a few years with being so over weight so it will be nice to jump back in the saddle,but the i looking forward to the most is wearing nice clothes in the summer instead of wrapping up,i know its not gonna be easy to lose my weight because ive always struggled with it but this really is my last shot because my gp wont give me any more tablets again if he doesnt see the weight come off.
  • Posted

WHAT!!! LOL>..

Get riding.. most riding centres have horses that can handle 15 stone..(my local one has a 15stone limit)..

If you ride now you will lose weight..

I am determined to get to 15 stone so I can ride(currently 20 something).. we currently have a 12h 5yr old welsh x pony and a 15.3h 15yr old Hanoverian mare rescue(who is ridden by the woman I rent the fields from) and I help out at my daughters riding school.. Where I love one of the horses and one day..I will ride him..

• Posted

how much are riding lessons normally? for kids and adults?

is anyone able to tell me?

ta xx

• Posted

last time i priced them up they were 15 pounds for half an hour
  • Posted

It varies from place to place..

The riding school my daughter goes to..is £11 for 1/2hr.. you can either have a lesson in the school or go out for a hack.. £22 for an hour

They have large Irish drafts or Irish Sports Horses..

(but the posh place nearer us is £25 for 1/2 hour!)

Miss P.. where are you?? There is a riding school in Dechmont/Uphall (houston farm?? They are rather expensive tho..)

• Posted

Hi,

Just seen your posts and hope you dont mind me saying.

It would really be a motivator to have a jar and for every pound you lose collect it towards when you make your weight for horse riding sessions. I find it such a motivator to look forward to. You can see as the pounds collect in the jar how much you have lost and you should feel good to see it. It is a visual to the hard work and dedication you have put in and at the end and a well earned gift to yourself. :D

Good luck with your weight loss.

Take care

Sh

• Posted

Hi Kayos..

Im in Bathgate. so no far at all from uphall. where abouts are you?

Ive got 3 kids tho....3 girls to be more precise and i think id have to do some major saving to be able to afford lessons for us all!

I didnt realise riding lessons were so damn dear....

its a good idea to keep a reward jar tho shwink ....so thanks for that idea!

Ive got a planner written out with rewards put down for targets reached. and i have been quite generous with meself hehehe

xx

• Posted

I'm in Tranent in East Lothian..

It would probably work out cheaper for you to come thru to my local and pay for all your girls LOL..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.