Second knee

Posted , 17 users are following.

well it is 5 days since the second knee and thankful I am home. I had forgotten how really painful it is or I might not have gone through with it again. Hardest part is getting up and down from my bed. Just felt like reaching out and talking to people who understand.  My sister is here helping out my husband so have great care. Just hurting.  Cathy

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Click on my picture; 16 posts out there ...hope some help.

Go and get some microfiber satin sheets...very silky, slippery and inexpensive.  You'll slide on and off the bed with ease...

Almost 15 months post-op from #1; putting off #2 for at least a year.  Need to get the horror out of my head first...

• Posted

Thanks. I have visions of my husband slipping out as well. That is why I waited over a year. Good news is it the last. 
  • Posted

Worst time now. At least you understand that every day brings healing. Get through it as best you are able, do the leg lifts and know we're here for a chat. xx

• Posted

Thank you. Most people don't know how painful it is and don't want to sound like a wuss. 

• Posted

Well done Cathy for having your second knee done. Remember to take it a day at a time. Celebrate any progress and lots of medication. Sending a big hug. I am 7 weeks post first leg and meant to be having second asap. Not sure I will be that brave  but new knee is now the strong knee and that is good. Take care. 
    • Posted

Susie I know ho scary it is to face it again. It is basically two miserable weeks and then things start to get better. I am on week one. But I am so greatfull it is in the rear view mirror. My first one was a little over a year ago and it is doing great. 
    • Posted

2 miserable weeks? You must be Superwoman. I am still dealing with pain and swelling at 14 weeks? You must be an amazing patient.
    • Posted

It was just that the first two weeks were the worst  could nor really take care of myself and not used to that . I think I start to really feel better by about 4 months 
  • Posted

Yes, Cathy at first it is really hard but it does get better. I at some point have to have a 2 TKR also; I am truly not looking forward to it. I just had the first one in Feb of this year and I am not totally well from that one. I did get some good news though on my last Dr's visit. I am not bone on bone like my other knee yet so I have started therapy on that knee as well as therapy on the knee I had surgery on. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Lynn I do know that but logically but emotionally it hurts.  I hope you can avoid the second one. 
  • Posted

Hoping for swift recovery. I am 14 weeks post-op and still sore and a bit swollen. Vacuumed yesterday and shouldn't have done it. Paying for it today. Ugh! Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.