Second knee on its way out

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Had right TKR last May - had been taking a lot of painkillers for years and didn't think they were doing much until started to be weaned off them and realised how much my left knee was hurting!

So, Doc put me back on them and I've been not bad until the last couple of weeks and I'm in agony. Not quite sure what to do with myself - can barely walk down stairs or even sit down on the loo!

It seems to have got really bad really quickly - has this happened to anyone else? I'm 49 and don't think I can face a second TKR just yet.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks everyone!  It's good to know I'm not alone (though bad to know how many suffer).

i think I have a decision to make but I have a feeling I will have to go through the cortisone injections first.

• Posted

Your body has to re-acquaint itself to the drugs.  Sometimes only by coming off meds do we realise we are in so much pain, so rather bittersweet isn't it.  Give it time, don't do too much, rest as much as you can and exercise when you feel like it.

You may be one of those where it takes a long time for the pain to go or you have joined the 1 - 2% club, but let's not go there for now.

It does take a good year. Sometimes 2 for a replacement to settle down.  Are you in the UK or US

• Posted

Has anyone had a second lateral release knee surgery? I'm 20 and about to have my second one and was wondering if anyone has been threw it already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.