Seeing gp and need advice about other meds

Posted , 2 users are following.

Seeing gp tomo morning need to ask gp

I read on here that other ppl take something else along with there antidepressants and what is there. I want to ask gp about them . I'm seeing gp about my depression so I'm aware that she's starting me on something new tomo but not sure which one I've been on prozac for 13half years and stopped working for me so went on Mirtazapine for 6 to 8 wks and did nothing for me but didn't wean off any so then straight onto sertraline 50mg was having really bad side affects gp said I was have withdrawal from the other and put me back on Mirtazapine for 2wks but took 30 down to 15 but tomorrow I don't know what gp got planned for me. But I just wanted some back up on other medication that can help run long side new one. OH I JUST STARTED TO TAKE VITIMAN D. HOPING WITH THESE DARK MORNING AND EVENING IT WILL HELP??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am in midst of mirtazapine stopping having horrid symptoms and anxiety

I woud be interested to hear what you come home ith from dr as i ave tried some of these with bad effects too.

i asked for vit d and took for a month but had tummy upsets so giving it a rest at moment.

• Posted

Hi I'm still on Mirtazapine 15mg and also been given sertraline 50mg again. I've been told to take Mirtazapine before bed and sertraline in the morning.

Keep taking sertraline every day but Mirtazapine for one wk

Then every other day then every3rd day then stop.. but up sertraline 100mg but I'm already having side effects.

• Posted

Whilst lowering mirtaz dr gave me sertraline and my anxiety went through the roof,not to mention the nausea.  I only managed three weeks on it and had to give up.  Still searching for an anti dep.
    • Posted

Hi Ann just to say that I'm still on Mirtazapine but tampered down to 15mg. But started floxutine 10mg in tge mornings but still coming off Mirtazapine on Wednesday I will be on every other day then following wk every 3rd day then following wk none of Mirtazapine. Then up floxutine 25mg every day. But today is my 3rd day and feel anxiety is kicking in today. Not nice.. how are you doing Ann.

• Posted

Sorry that should be 20mg of floxutine.
    • Posted

Not great, very anxious and agitated. Cant take fluoxetine as on warfarin. Really stuck on these mirtaz, when lowering anxiety increases. Just dont know what to do as pdoc hasnt been able to heelp
    • Posted

Yes I find that with the Dr I've seen. She's seems to think take the antidepressants and by nxt wk you will be OK. And I can go back to work. Mmmm I don't think she as suffered with depression or anxiety. It's the worse thing going. Today I feel tensed shakes and feel like I've got the butterfly feeling in my tummy and putting me on edge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.