Seeking advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I am going for oesophageal manometry and ph testing at the end of thus month. Im on ppi once a day. The invitation letter from hospital said to stop ppi 7days before procedure.

Ill be a complete mess in just 3 dys with no meds. Sad i know.

Has anyone here had these procedures done and could advice if i could help myelf somehow?

Also im nervous. What were yr experiences?

Thank u.

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had that test done 2 weeks ago still waiting the results. I found it difficult sleeping as my was monitored over 24 hrs . I also had 2 stop.meds. just eat small amounts of soft foods. Good luck.
    • Posted

Good luck with yr results to start with.

I can quite imagine how annoying it must have been to sleep with cables.

Glad its only 24hrs.

Im not looking forward the refluxes during the period of test, but do understand the importance behind it.

Lets hope itll calm down soon after the testing and theres a way towards getting fixed. 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.